cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number changed by itself?

Zephyrim
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Yesterday I was using my old number just fine but however today, it seems like my number is completely different now. I know I didn't change it myself. What happened and how can I switch it back?
16 REPLIES 16

katesiemens
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This exact same thing happened to me. My phone number changed itself without any indication, and I would greatly appreciate if I could get my old number back. Thanks

Goingtoosuceed4

Thankyou

dunit

thank you for your help. i didnt know what to do and was looking for a number to call but that would be too easy so i had to create an account to try and find someone to talk to... Thanks again for helpoing out though...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dunit, Sounds like a problem at the account level.  If you haven't requested a number change or port of a new number (IN), then I think your best bet is to contact the moderators team via private message, and let them know what's going on.

Click here to send them a private message.
You can find information regarding the moderators team by following this link.

By the way, this is a very old topic.  You should always start a new topic for a new issue, even if your issue is the same as the one on the existing topic.  That way you don't risk having your issue go unnoticed.

dunit

mine was changed to and it made my parents worried because i wasnt responding but i never got their messages.. it kindof a big deal....How can i get it back its been two days

krishnagupta21

Hey @Mary_M

I'm having a similar problem, my number also changed by itself. Can you look into it and fix it for me too?

Thanks a lot,

Krishna

Zephyrim
Thanks so much. Really appreciate it.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

My pleasure 😄 @ShawnC13

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Thank you Mary for taking care of this!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Hey @Zephyrim,

Thank you for raising concern!

I'm really sorry to hear that your number was changed - it looks like this was an error on our side but I'll have everything fixed for you within the next few minutes. I will also be sending you a confirmation via private message, look out for it 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

@Zephyrim wrote:

More than two months ago I did request to port my old number if that's what you mean. The port went through three weeks ago I think. 

I think I read a moderator say previously that if a porting request fails and it doesn't get fixed within 30 days or so, that Public will assign a new phone number as they aren't allowed to let you keep a number that old provider hasn't confirmed is yours to transfer.

I am wondering if for some reason, the Public Mobile system thought your port still hasn't gone through, and  therefore just assigned a new number.  That's just speculation of course.

Zephyrim

More than two months ago I did request to port my old number if that's what you mean. The port went through three weeks ago I think. 

Have you requested to change your number may be a few weeks or months ago? 

I have seen this happened to someone where he/she made request to change number and it went through later on. 

Let mods look into this and see how did this happen.

@Mary_Mor Shazia are you around to take a look at this it seems as though this member has had their number changed without them doing it.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Zephyrim

Yea when I call and text people, its a completely different number. I asked people to call me on my old number and it does not work, apparently my old number is not in service.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Do you have a bit more info as to how you aren't using the same number?  Are you calling people and it is a new number showing up?  Not getting texts to your old number but you do to a "New number"

Need Help? Let's chat.