cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number change

Jayjaybrownlee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just changed my number yesterday as my crazy ex is harassing me and he some how got the number again and is still harassing me and I’m in need of help to change my number as it won’t let me 

15 REPLIES 15

@Helpershelper 

Keep in mind that "blocking calls" normally just auto declines calls, causing them to just immediately be diverted to your voicemail where they may be a further nuisance as you have to then delete useless messages.

You can prevent blocked and declined calls from going to voicemail by reconfiguring that conditional call forward to a dead-end so the caller either hears a fast busy or endless ring:

Dial: *67*8080000000#

Reset  to default by dialing: ##67#

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

What I would do is simply block the number for now. You can do it really easy if you have an iPhone.

1. under Recents, tap the Info button.
  2. Next to the phone number or contact that you want to block. Scroll down, then tap Block this Caller.

hasan9800
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That's cool! 

Why I came to this response, she said her crazy ex-boyfriend found out her new phone number. A step higher security for her is to create a new e-mail address and to activate 2FA 2-step verification. For that e-mail account. Also to pick out a number that is from a different area. Thanks to Public Mobile with nationwide calling.

Her phone number and information will be completely rigged.

@hasan9800 

It's not necessary to open a whole new account to change your number. You can change your phone number once every 30 days in your self serve account.

Edit: Just reread this thread. What the heck was I thinking when I wrote this? Apologies!

hasan9800
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

1) Get a new e-mail account

2) Open a new account in Public Mobile.

3) Its a prepaid account the old line will go inactive at the end of the month (just remove the auto pay)

Each line needs a e-mail account. You cannot have multiple lines on one account. Lastly, pick a number from a different area code. 

Good Luck!

In the mean time you can block the numbers they are calling from. By default this just directs them to your voicemail where they can further annoy you with messages, but you can reconfigure the conditional call forward for blocked/declined calls to be directed elsewhere:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Fun-with-Conditional-Call-forwarding-and-...

You can have some fun with it by forwarding to numbers such as these:

416 299 6099 "The number you are calling cannot receive incoming calls."

306 545 8171 "At the customers request, the number you have dialed is equipped for outgoing calls only."

Or your local pizza joint, etc... 🙂

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Jayjaybrownlee 

How do he get your number?

You should change your passwords also you may want to open a new email address and ask moderates to change your email. Make sure all passwords are charged.

To make sure he doesn't port your number mispell your name after moderators change your email on file.

Also don't share your new number with lots of people. Most likely either somebody gave him your number or he got access to common friend's phone.

Block him

Consider getting an alternative number with fongo and use it while you wait to change your number

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Jayjaybrownlee , you are stuck with the number for 30 days.  There are no bypasses for the one number change every 30 days.  Not even the moderators can do anything for you.  The only brute force options are to create a new account or port a new number into the account.  Anyway, I suggest using call blocking to filter calls from numbers that you do not wish to answer.  That can be done on the dialer app on your phone.  Good luck.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Jayjaybrownlee wrote:

I just changed my number yesterday as my crazy ex is harassing me and he some how got the number again and is still harassing me and I’m in need of help to change my number as it won’t let me 

Does he have access to your account and that is why he was able to get it again?

@Jayjaybrownlee block his number and keep blocking them until you can change your number. Contact the authorities. 

@gpixel wrote:

@Jayjaybrownlee you can go into your self serve account and click change number under "my profile"

change pass,sim,number.jpeg

@gpixel , because they have already done this yesterday they can't do it again for 30 days.  There is only one number change per 30 day cycle

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

my bad. I need to learn how to read 😉

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Jayjaybrownlee wrote:

Consider getting a free voip app like TextNow. You'll get a Cdn number and you can call and text for free as long as you have a wifi signal.

Then, in 30 days, you can get another PM phone number...but someone else must have ratted you out. Maybe someone in your circle of acquaintances is no friend at all.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Jayjaybrownlee  You can only change your number one every 30 days. If it's been less then 30 days then maybe submit a ticket to PM explain your situation and ask them if they can make an exception.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Jayjaybrownlee wrote:

You are only allowed to change your number once every 30 days.  You can explain your situation to the moderators and see if they can do something for you.

To contact the moderators you need to click on the "?" in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.  This will take you to SIMon the chatbot and there you will follow the prompts to raise a trouble ticket.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.