cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number change downtime

s0vietcong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How long does it take for a number from Public to change to another number provided by public? I've waited the two hours, and yet I am still unable to make, recieve calls, texts or use data. I am connected to the Public network however.

6 REPLIES 6

@s0vietcong wrote:

Hi, I merely registered yesterday, with a number i wasnt too content with, and I just changed it today, and it's been some hours since i did and my service still isnt working. I've rebooted many times, tried the sim in another phone, and also tried to take the sim out and put it back in. Keep in mind i was able to use my phone today with no issues, until i changed my number and now i am unable to use data or make calls or texts.

I believe that you've already torubleshooted as much as can be expected. It's time to open that ticket to start a dicussion with the moderators.

s0vietcong

It does show the updated number in self serve, and I've tried all of what you recommended. It still doesnt function as intended, unable to make calls use data or make texts.

s0vietcong

Hi, I merely registered yesterday, with a number i wasnt too content with, and I just changed it today, and it's been some hours since i did and my service still isnt working. I've rebooted many times, tried the sim in another phone, and also tried to take the sim out and put it back in. Keep in mind i was able to use my phone today with no issues, until i changed my number and now i am unable to use data or make calls or texts.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@s0vietcong New number change from self-serve is instant. You will have to reboot the phone to get it refreshed. If you are referring to porting in a PM number to another PM account, that is not allowed. 

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@s0vietcong wrote:

How long does it take for a number from Public to change to another number provided by public? I've waited the two hours, and yet I am still unable to make, recieve calls, texts or use data. I am connected to the Public network however.

Who is the owner of the old number? Public or some other carrier? Did you just start with PM? If you ported....did the other carrier send you a text to confirm that the port was ok to do?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@s0vietcong wrote:

Hello @s0vietcong ,

There should not be really a 'downtime'.

Does the new number show under your Plans and Addons TAB in your Self Serve.

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

If still having issues contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Need Help? Let's chat.