cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not ringing

Kat21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is any one else having problems with phone not ringing when you have incoming calls. The person calling me can hear ringing but my phone does not. I have no idea someone is calling. Why is this happening and what can I do to resolve this problem.

7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Kat21 

Do you mind sharing what the issue was so we can all learn from it?

Thanks

metropublic
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Kat21 wrote:

Is any one else having problems with phone not ringing when you have incoming calls. The person calling me can hear ringing but my phone does not. I have no idea someone is calling. Why is this happening and what can I do to resolve this problem.

@Kat21  It could be one of two possibilities:

1. Your phone settings have do not disturb on or some other kind of blocking filtering or check to see if your ringer notification is not set to none.
  2. You have bad/weak reception  in parts of your location.

@Kat21 

If you're certain it's not a phone setting (such as mute being on, silent being activated, airplane mode on, do not disturb being on, call-forwarding being on, Bluetooth being on),  try inserting the SIM card into another Public Mobile compatible phone, restart that phone, and have someone call your number.

If the other phone rings, it is surely a phone setting/problem on the initial phone.

Kat21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Non of what you suggest is what's wrong. Everything else with the phone works. It just isn't ringing on my end.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

This is not a PM issue but a phone issue. If your volume is turned on. Go through your phone settings likely something is set. Like do not disturb, don't ring for certain callers, etc.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Kat21 

No issues with our phones recently. 

Does other features work such as data, text and calling out?  

Is your account status active?

Do you have do not disturb turned on?  airplane  mode?  silent mode turn on with your phone?

Maybe try to reboot phone.  Network reset.  

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Kat21 

• try restarting your phone
  • make sure your phone settings is not on silent
  • reset your network settings

contact customer support mods if you are still having issues

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

Need Help? Let's chat.