cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not ringing going straight to voicemail

calebdueck
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When receiving calls my public mobile phone will not ring but go directly to voicemail.

This is a new issue and is not super consistent as about 1/5 of calls actually go through. 

After looking on the community discussion boards I found that you need to contact a moderator as it is a SIM specific issue.

If a @moderatorTeam member could reach out that would be much appreciated!

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Cam4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We are experiencing this in Peterborough, Ont.

@Emeris wrote:

The issue is very recent. My previous network setting was 'Auto-select 2G/3G/LTE'. So why does it only work with '3G only' now? I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S9 and received an update even after the issue started.

There is a temporary network issue affecting many customers incoming calls if your phone is allowed to connect to the LTE network. It's not your phone. It will hopefully be resolved soon. At least there is a known workaround by setting 3G only for now.

Emeris
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Been with PM for a little over 14 months.

The issue is very recent. My previous network setting was 'Auto-select 2G/3G/LTE'. So why does it only work with '3G only' now? I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S9 and received an update even after the issue started.

PM Mods indicated in a previous thread issues with calls with LTE enabled/needing to force 3G only temporarily in the Kitchener-Waterloo area. Anyone here experiencing this in other areas?

Working fine in Regina/Saskatchewan for the record...

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@calebdueck wrote:

When receiving calls my public mobile phone will not ring but go directly to voicemail.

This is a new issue and is not super consistent as about 1/5 of calls actually go through. 

After looking on the community discussion boards I found that you need to contact a moderator as it is a SIM specific issue.

Thanks

@calebdueck ,

Ensure you have the latest updates on your phone, and maybe try a network reset.

If it is a provisioning issue only the moderators can assist with this.

Hope you get sorted out!

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@calebdueck 

Is it possible that you have dnd on?

In that case only urgent calls would go through.

differentphones define urgent differently, it's usually if the call is repeated within couple of minutes and in some cases there may be a list that gets through dnd. That could explain why few calls make it through

@Emeris , For PM, calls must use 3G, text & data can use either 3G or 4G

When you got a call, your phone has to switch from LTE to 3G to take the call. If  you have a poor 3G coverage or your phone not switch fast enough,  the incoming call may fall to voicemail.

I guess that's the shortfall with PM not having VoLTE  😞

@calebdueck 

As you wait for moderator response, you might want to force your phone to 3G, instead of LTE.  In the last week, several customers have had similar issues and when they changed to 3G, the phone picks up calls.  

Emeris
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have recently started having the same issue too. Did not port my sim card, etc.

After sending support tickets and messaging the moderators, only 1 replied to me asking for details about my phone and the problem and did not get back to me after I replied with the information asked.

I looked up some other posts here and the "temporary fix" for receiving incoming calls is switching to '3G only' on your network.

Again, 'temporary' because it is insane to see so many users having this issue for a while and Public Mobile not doing anything about it.

Hope someone from the @CS_Agent 

@calebdueck wrote:

Thanks

Moderators do not usually contact customers unless they are frist contacted. Please follow the instructions in the previous message.

Have you discovered any pattern to these call issues?  Is t in a sepcific place or during a certain time of day?  Would it be possible to try your SIM in a different phone to see if this still happens?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Here's how to reach a moderator.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click on the chat bubble in the lower right and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.