cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not ported.

HSF
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sign up with Public on the 17th, 3pm P.S.T. No service, I can't find away to get anyone to fix this problem. So I put my old sim back in, cause you have to have service.

I sign in to my account, and it looks OK.

Did a ticket this morning, still no help.

Anyone know how to get there, I mean Public's attention.

Thanks

Stanley

11 REPLIES 11

@HSF  Let us know how it turns out in the end.  Would like to know what happened too

good luck

HSF
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank everyone for your input and ideals.

But the attempt to port my number was unsuccessful. The attempt triggered a chain reaction and the system failed to activate the number under Public Mobile.

The problem was submitted to the Engineer Team to fix the many errors.

Thanks again

Stanley

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Wow, that's a lot of possible solutions from this lovely community.

@HSF  It would be great to get an update from you with more details, especially if your problem was solved using one of the ideas presented here on this community.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@HSF wrote:

Sign up with Public on the 17th, 3pm P.S.T. No service, I can't find away to get anyone to fix this problem. So I put my old sim back in, cause you have to have service.

Thanks

Stanley

@HSF 

Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Couple of things to think of.

You did change to old SIM to get service that means that is no porting of old number to PM ...right? otherwise old number will be deactivated and PM should be activated.

If it was a all new SIM and number with PM then try SIM in another phone or telus/koodo SIM in this phone just to test that the phone is not locked ot give you "No service" error.

@HSF wrote:

As you've already opened a ticket, you will need to wait for Public Mobile's repl.

When you say "no service", are outgoing calls, outgoing text message, and data services working?

I believe that the most likely issue here is an account provisioning issue.  Unfortuantely, that often requires the helps of a CSA to fix, although in some cases, people have managed to gets services working such as making a manual payment/top up to the account.

What's your phone model? Do you know if it has at least UMTS 850/1900MHz (band 5 and band 2)?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Successful porting or not...they should still have something resembling service. ie outgoing.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Hi @HSF 

When you sign up porting a number in from another provider, the current process is that a security verification text is sent to your previous provider that you need to reply "YES" to within 90 minutes. If you had the public mobile SIM in your phone at this time, you likely missed the text and will need Public Mobile to re-try the port while your previous carrier SIM is active in your phone.

Opening a support ticket was the right thing to do, but there is another option of a number to call directly specifically for port-in issues, which I will PM to you.

Good luck, and welcome to Public Mobile!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@HSF wrote:

Thanks

Stanley

When you ported over did you leave your old sim in so you could approve the porting out of your number?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HSF 

do you get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

Eligibility Check if your existing number is eligible to move visit Here link 

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

Good luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy.....

Need Help? Let's chat.