cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line network down

Raymondkwong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone can't dial out or receiving. No service two days.

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Raymondkwong wrote:

Please make sure you were not SIM-Jacked before we trouble shoot further.

When you check your SELF SERVE account does your the 4 digits listed there match the last four digits of your SIM in your phone?

You can find this under "Change Sim Card" on your Overview account:

esjliv_0-1596590590569.png

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Raymondkwong Is your account Active is self-service? Did you try restarting your phone / using airplane mode? Can you try the sim in another device to check?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Raymondkwong wrote:

Login to your self-serve account.

If your account status is expired or suspended, add fund to your account and click the reactivate current plan link to get your phone working again.

If you account status is active, how is data or send/receive text message?

If nothing is working, test your PM SIM card in another working phone to determine whether the issue is due to PM provision or phone hardware problem.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Raymondkwong 

I can understand your frustration with this. The Telus cell network is currently up, so it looks like we’ll have to troubleshoot your phone. Can you first check to see if your plan is active with available funds:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/

If it does have funds and your plans active, then try these first steps if you own an Apple device:

Turn Airplane Mode on and off. Go to Settings and turn on Airplane Mode, wait five seconds, then turn it off.

Update iOS by going to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.

Next, try removing the SIM card, then reinsert it. If that doesn’t fix it

If that doesn’t work, try resetting your network settings. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

@Raymondkwong wrote:

Did you recently go through the plan renewal process?  Is data and text messaging working?

Need Help? Let's chat.