cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone is broken - how can I access my voicemail now

realshadow
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I broke my phone today (display is not working at all anymore) and want to change my mailbox so a caller knows that I can't get that message. Alternatively I would put in a call forwarding to another number. When I try to call my number, the phone is off, I cannot even reach my mailbox. So my questions are:

- how can I reach my mailbox and change my greeting using any other phone?

- how can I activate call forwarding without having access to another phone swapping sim cards?

Thank you very much for your responses.

regards

16 REPLIES 16

realshadow

Thanks for all your answers. I was able to get that to work. 

One word of advise: NEVER drop your phone on it's display. 

@will13am wrote:

@realshadow wrote:

@will13am OK I tried a landline and that one works. Second question: how can I put in a call forwarding? can you help me with that too?

The only way I am aware of for changing the forwarding number is to do it through the dialer app.  With no phone, then there is no way to do that.  

Yeah, setting call forwarding requires the SIM to be temporarily put in some other phone... then it can be removed and forwarding will still occur. Maybe you can visit any mobile phone kiosk and ask if they would temporarily put your SIM in one of their phones to do that.

Otherwise, without that, the only other option is to continue to dial into your voicemail to check messages, or and/or optionally re-record your announcement telling callers the temporary number to reach you at, and then you are not regularly checking messages. You can even disable the ability to leave messages after that temporary announcement with the instructions in this post:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Re-Disable-Voicemail/m-p/213805#M3875...

Also, if you are calling into your voicemail from a landline and it's not a local call, there are other local access numbers you can call from many cities across Canada too:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-Numbers/...

@realshadow wrote:

@will13am OK I tried a landline and that one works. Second question: how can I put in a call forwarding? can you help me with that too?

The only way I am aware of for changing the forwarding number is to do it through the dialer app.  With no phone, then there is no way to do that.  

realshadow

Yeah probably my only choice. At the moment I don't have access to one I could use. What pain. Why is that stuff not available through the self service!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@realshadow 

From a anydevice,

1. Enter your 10-digit phone number (local). If long distance, enter 1 first
  2. Press * to interrupt greeting
  3. Enter your password
  4. Follow the voice prompts

@realshadow wrote:

@Anonymous Sim is OK and extracted. I just have no other phone to put it into (that works).

Can't you borrow one from friend, family just so you can set up the call forwarding?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@realshadow 

you say this Second question: how can I put in a call forwarding ?

they answer visit Here link.. 

you can try another phone and put it your SIM card and do call forwarding, until you fix it your device or buy it new phone....

realshadow

@Anonymous sorry but you are not reading my post. I said I do not have access to another phone. For the link you posted you MUST have another phone!

realshadow

@Meow unforunately it is not correct. I tried my work phone and that gives me a busy signal. It does not get to the mailbox.

Anonymous
Not applicable

realshadow

@Anonymous Sim is OK and extracted. I just have no other phone to put it into (that works).

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You can reach your voice mail from ANY phone if you call one of these numbers mentioned in this message:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

When you reach your voice mail from other phone, select language (1 - English), enter your phone number, press star '*', enter pin and then you can manage your voice mail options...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@realshadow : Is the SIM broken? Can you extract it without damaging it?

realshadow

realshadow

@will13am thanks.

i tried that. whenever I call my own number I get a busy signal. The call does not even get forwarded to my mailbox. I can't reach it.

Need Help? Let's chat.