cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone has not activated after sign-up

bradha
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi - I ported my number from Telus over to Public Mobile (ie owned by Telus).

I set-up my public mobile account the night of April 6, and inserted the new SIM card. It is noon April 7th and my phone has not yet connected to Public Mobile. My old Telus SIM no longer works, so I assume the number has been ported over. Can you advise when my service will be set-up? I've restarted the phone a few times

8 REPLIES 8

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@bradha reset your network settings

1. From the home screen navigate to Settings>General>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings
If prompted enter your passcode
3. Tap Reset Network Settings
4. Restart your phone

@Anonymous thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RosieR , @bradha : As of Mar 9 only Koodo prepaid and PC Mobile need the moderators.

@bradha wrote:

I logged onto self-serve. Everything looks fine. Says account is 'active'

Hi @bradha porting to or from Telus or Koodo is now handled by the moderators.

EDITED 

Customers porting in from TELUS Prepaid, TELUS Postpaid and Koodo Postpaid brands will now follow the same process as those porting in from other carriers, and will have to respond to an SMS text to validate the transfer.

As you have already activated your sim card, the next step is to contact the moderators to port your number.

Two ways to contact the moderators:

• Faster way – Click the chat bubble at the bottom right of the page or click this link  >> type “port request" >> click "Yes, I have activated" >> click Contact moderator >> click Click here to submit a ticket!
  • Slower way – Send a private message to the Moderators_Team here.  You have to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work. 

It may take up to 48 hrs (hopefully less) to receive a reply from the moderators.  Keep checking the envelope icon on top right for a number to pop up. That would be the moderator’s reply.

If you have other questions, we are here to help

RosieR

bradha

I logged onto self-serve. Everything looks fine. Says account is 'active'

bradha

The outgoing call/text doesn't work, unfortunately.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bradha :What your phone do you have? Also can you log into self serve to see if everything ok there?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@bradha , did you try reboot your phone?

Yes, it usually take only 2-4 hours.   Your outgoing call/text should work, it should be just incoming calls not working

Please reboot once more. 

Need Help? Let's chat.