cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone has disconnected from network

Emmic2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I woke up this morning and my phone was completely disconnected from network, no data, no text, no calls in or outgoing, I’ve tried resetting it, turning it off and on, taking the SIM card out and resetting. It won’t work and the public mobile bot help is completely useless. Any ideas on how to get it back on network?

9 REPLIES 9

@Emmic2 wrote:

No it’s been disabled due to fraud. My account is active just no service and I’m locked out of my account because of fraud now and I’m talking to a moderator but they need all of this information about my account in order to allow me access back in to the account but I’m locked out so I don’t have access to said information 🤦🏻‍♀️

Hi @Emmic2 the information being asked by the moderator are information that you should know whether or not you can access your self-served account.  I know this as I recently needed help from the Moderator_Team.  You have to provide them with a few details so they can be sure you are the owner of this account, for privacy and security policies.  Good luck!

@Mrliu89c wrote:

i am experiencing the same issue here, SIM swap fraud. I think it could be a client data breach on Public mobile's end.

Keep in mind that a lot of the information needed to port-out your number is available from your email box if it happened to be compromised first:

• Account number is included with your activation email
  • Your Name
  • Your phone number probably exists in at least some of your emails.

Hopefully your issue gets resolved promptly. In the future consider changing the name on your public mobile self-serve account to something other than your real name, or change the spelling slightly - it's not used for anything including billing. One less piece of matching information. Also change the password for your email account, and use a 2FA mechanism if available.

Mrliu89c

i am experiencing the same issue here, SIM swap fraud.

I think it could be a client data breach on Public mobile's end.

i hope they keep us honest and find a solution soon.

@Emmic2 wrote:

No it’s been disabled due to fraud. My account is active just no service and I’m locked out of my account because of fraud now and I’m talking to a moderator but they need all of this information about my account in order to allow me access back in to the account but I’m locked out so I don’t have access to said information 🤦🏻‍♀️

@Emmic2 Other than maybe the sim card number, most data would be known to you. Full name, address, credit card on file if auto pay is on, PIN, transaction dates, plan signed up for etc. No?

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Emmic2 There's fraud so you need to prove it's your account. As far as moderators know, you could be the fraudsters. You need to know enough info about the account or they can't help.

Emmic2

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Emmic2 Make sure your credit card is up-to-date and auto pay is checked my first month when I signed up I did not turn on auto pay and I had no service when I got up in the morning you do that under self serve

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Emmic2 

If your account is in good standing, do you have another working phone? Try swapping the SIM card on another phone to rule out any hardware issues.

@Emmic2 wrote:

I woke up this morning and my phone was completely disconnected from network, no data, no text, no calls in or outgoing, I’ve tried resetting it, turning it off and on, taking the SIM card out and resetting. It won’t work and the public mobile bot help is completely useless. Any ideas on how to get it back on network?

Sign into your account at selfserve.publicmobile.ca .  Are you still able to get in? Is your plan shown as active? Also make sure that someone hasn't illegally changed the active sim card on your account by comparing the number listed in the account to the one in your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.