cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone goes to Voicemail

Lori287
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When the phone rings and I try to answer it, it goes to voicemail.  I did check to make sure that the phone is not on do not disturb.  How do I get to answer my phone?

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lori287 wrote:

My son came over and was able to figure out what I was doing wrong.  When I read to answer the phone swipe the white phone up, I was ending the call.  It was swiping up into the red phone, I should have swiped it down into the red phone.  So all is good.  Thank you everybody for your help.

lol. Funny how things can be the simplest of things.

Now go back and set all those forwarding options to the proper voicemail number.

Lori287

My son came over and was able to figure out what I was doing wrong.  When I read to answer the phone swipe the white phone up, I was ending the call.  It was swiping up into the red phone, I should have swiped it down into the red phone.  So all is good.  Thank you everybody for your help.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Lori287Do you have another phone to put the SIM card in to see if the problem is with the phone or with Public? May I assume the phone is from AT&T? They might have preprogramed it to assume it is the AT&T's voicemail system. That's one of the down side of bring your own device with phones that are preprogramed with other carriers in mind, especially for Android where carriers load all kind of bloatware on it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lori287 wrote:

Make:     ZTE

Model:    Z971 

Android Version 7.1.1

Nowhere does it say the OS nor software??? 

Android is the operating system (OS) and 7.1.1 is the version of it.

Edit: @Lori287: maybe turn off bluetooth. maybe turn off volte if there. Can any other numbers call your number and can you answer them or are you just having a problem with calls from your husbands phone? You might have accidental numbers in call block.

Lori287

Make:     ZTE

Model:    Z971 

Android Version 7.1.1

Nowhere does it say the OS nor software??? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lori287 wrote:

When I did #1  I got absolutely nothing

When I did #2  I got that the voicemail was disabled

Funny how it still goes there.  I am truly baffled as I did disable all three posiblities on my phone.  I did try the other steps through public mobile and by dialing my phone number and following the steps to disable.

#1 - good.

#2 - fine except that your problem is that it's going to voicemail

You don't want to disable the possibilities. There are the three forwarding options and then the total forwarding option.

The following list are checking for the current status of each option...not setting them.

*#21# returns the total forwarding which I wondered that you might have had on but you don't.

*#67# forwards somewhere when the phone is busy on another call which might not be necessarily necessary when using call alert.

*#61# forwards somewhere when there's no answer which is what any phone should have

*#62# forwards somewhere when the phone is off or out of range which again is what any phone should have

These are almost always settings in the phone but you can use these codes as well. And you've found them in the phone.

The post about using the extended absence greeting and not taking messages isn't really what you're after.

What make/model/OS version phone do you have? What plan are you on?

Lori287

When I did #1  I got absolutely nothing

When I did #2  I got that the voicemail was disabled

Funny how it still goes there.  I am truly baffled as I did disable all three posiblities on my phone.  I did try the other steps through public mobile and by dialing my phone number and following the steps to disable.

Lori287

Step 1 I get absolutely nothing

Step 2 I get call forwarding not forwarded

I did previously go into my phone and deleted my voicemail number on all 3 items

I have also tried on PM and it still goes directly to voicemail.  When I swipe on my phone to answer I can hear on my husband's phone my voice message . 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lori287 wrote:

When the phone rings and I try to answer it, it goes to voicemail.  I did check to make sure that the phone is not on do not disturb.  How do I get to answer my phone?

In your dialer..."dial" like you're making a call...

*#61#

What do you get?

You should get a call forwarding status message with a voicemail access number and an amount of seconds.

What are the seconds?

Then do

*#21#

What do you get?

You should get something like not forwarded.

What do you get?

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.