cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone doesnt have Talk in the plan abruptly

danvankampen87
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been on the $120/3 month cycle with unlimited talk, text and 12gb of data plan.  As of today my plan shows "Expired" where the unlimited talk option is meant to go.  I have a great legacy plan I dont intend to change through self serve.  Why did my plan abruptly change to drop the most critical element of a phone?

22 REPLIES 22

@danvankampen87  Hopefully you are not still stranded. Wherever you end up, going forward I suggest you review Fongo and TextNow. While on wifi, free calling and almost free texting. I prefer Fongo for it's voicemail to email service.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@danvankampen87 wrote:

@RosieR  I have sent a moderator message.  I am located in Calgary.

They're in Calgary, @macsal 

macsal

That "-Expired" is weird and would concern me too, If I saw that on my account. Maybe just glitch, but definitely want the ability use calling features!

macsal_0-1617221151853.png

Those plan detials are nothing but text descriptions. They really could say anything and it wouldn't make a different to your service. The Fall Promo 2016 for whatever reason, had the word "expired" to the description. Ignore this message.

@computergeek541 , @danvankampen87 is also having calling/talk issues. So maybe not related to the "Expired" wording, but still an issue going on with something.

macsal_0-1617229828180.png

@macsal wrote:

@danvankampen87 wrote:

@darlicious @RosieR The account is showing as Active. I bought the $5 addon so im confused as to what the issue is.

@danvankampen87 , oh my, having a tough go, sorry to hear it.

Have you tried basic trouble shooting?

• turn off your phone, leave off for a little bit, then reboot
  • removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it
  • go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode
  • reset network settings

Are you in Manitoba, by any chance....just to rule this out:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Text-From-PM-About-Changes-To-Mani...

That "-Expired" is weird and would concern me too, If I saw that on my account. Maybe just glitch, but definitely want the ability use calling features!

Those plan detials are nothing but text descriptions. They really could say anything and it wouldn't make a different to your service. The Fall Promo 2016 for whatever reason, had the word "expired" to the description. Ignore this message.

@danvankampen87 

This is the announcement of the original issue in 2019. This might a similar problem to what you are currently experiencing......

Are you still waiting to hear back from the moderators? Maybe you should add fongo to cover your current outbound calling.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/RESOLVED-Select-customers-on-Province-w...

macsal

@danvankampen87 wrote:

@darlicious @RosieR The account is showing as Active. I bought the $5 addon so im confused as to what the issue is.

@danvankampen87 , oh my, having a tough go, sorry to hear it.

Have you tried basic trouble shooting?

• turn off your phone, leave off for a little bit, then reboot
  • removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it
  • go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode
  • reset network settings

Are you in Manitoba, by any chance....just to rule this out:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Text-From-PM-About-Changes-To-Mani...

danvankampen87

@danvankampen87 

Can you still recieve incoming calling? If it is just outgoing then it has to do with the glitch that first appeared again about 2 months ago. As suggested to you the old temporary fix was for pm to give all affected customers the $5/500 min add on while they sorted out the issue. Purchasing this add on should have fixed the issue for you ( If you added it correctly.)

When others reported this issue no one had mentioned the "expired" message in their account. I'm not sure if this was overlooked or a new twist on this issue. The moderators/tech team must have figured out a fix as there have been no further complaints since the recent reoccurence of the issue. Ask the moderators to credit back the $5 you spent purchasing the add on. Please report back the fix you recieve so we can pass it on to others that encounter this issue.

@danvankampen87 wrote:

Hi @danvankampen87 good to hear that you had contacted the Moderator_Team.  Expect a reply with 2-48 hrs (much faster response these days).  Keep an eye on the envelope icon on top right for a number to pop up... that would be the moderator's reply.

In the meantime, log in your self serve account https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

Does it show Expired in your overview page?  If yes, click the Reactivate Current Plan as shown on the image.

Plan Expired - Reactivate Current Plan - Disregard.png

You might also try to reboot.  Delete your browsing history and cache, before you log back in.  If necessary, use a different browser and use incognito mode.

Please keep up posted.  thanks in advance.

RosieR

danvankampen87

@danvankampen87 wrote:

@mobilekoala 

So I angrily added the $5 "long distance" add-on that I shouldnt need, and it still wont let me make a 1-866 call.  So now Im just straight up looking at Shaw Mobile not gonna lie.

Hi @danvankampen87 contact the moderators asap and if you don't need the add-on you just purchased, ask them (nicely if you could) to give you credit for $5.  Where are you located?  I ask because there were changes made on March 16 that affected Winnipeg and Brandon.  Read this

If not, and you feel that you might get a better deal with Shaw, then by all means do so.

Please keep us posted.  thanks in advance.

RosieR

You will have things to be angry about over at Shaw as well so all is not lost! Are you certain that you actually bought the $5 add-on? You have to add the $5 to your plan and then go purchase the add-on. You should be able to see it on your account. Many purchase the add-on and then “think” they paid for it when in fact it doesn’t work that way, pay first then select the add-on. If you have $5 in your “Available Funds” category you haven't purchased the add-on correctly.

AE_Collector

danvankampen87

@mobilekoala 

So I angrily added the $5 "long distance" add-on that I shouldnt need, and it still wont let me make a 1-866 call.  So now Im just straight up looking at Shaw Mobile not gonna lie.

mobilekoala
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Your best bet is to purchase an add on quickly so you can make the call

Anonymous
Not applicable

@danvankampen87 : If you have some urgency then a workaround is to buy the $5 500 minute add-on. But no guarantees. Another try is to deposit the $5 in anticipation of that purchase and restart the phone. If still no go then buy the add-on. See if the call can then go through.

The last try would be using the lost/stolen function to suspend your account and then resume it after logging out and back in. Then restart the phone.

Even just trying airplane mode might do something.

None of this is guaranteed. You probably would need to contact the moderators as instructed earlier.

danvankampen87

@Anonymous 

I am trying to dial a 1-866 number.  Trying to reach bank of montreal for an urgent message... I presume these sorts of numbers are acceptable, I called the exact same number yesterday without issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@danvankampen87 : And yet you have the provincial component. This place seemed to have poorly rolled out a change to their plans by bringing back the old provincial calling. Although that was a couple weeks ago or so now and you're just now having the problem. Not sure what the Expired indicator means here though. You have all your components. Do you remember if it ever said anything else in there? Or has this been inserted?

Try a 1 in front of your dialing. Make sure you're dialing a number that belongs to the province you're physically in.

danvankampen87

@hairbag1  No the plan is not working.  Talk is not active in my plan but SMS/Data is working. So it seems to be isolated to my talk element of the plan being broken.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

@danvankampen87...

is your plan features still working ? Try the talk/text/data to see if all is well.

danvankampen87

Capture.PNG

@Anonymous 

Its weird. Autopay is set up, credit card is valid, the payment is every three months but it was pulled out two months ago so its not a billing issue.  Not sure what "Expired" means in the list of plan details.  I am still having success with the data, getting emails etc.  I just cant make phonecalls as it just plays a public mobile message saying talk isnt part of my plan and to add it to my services.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@danvankampen87 : Are your services still working? Maybe post a screenshot so we can all see what you see. Blank out personal info of course.

Need Help? Let's chat.