cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone can call out but cannot receive calls

kittybooze
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just set up an old phone on public mobile. It makes phone calls and texts fine, but it seems to not be able to receive calls. It goes straight to voicemail.

3 REPLIES 3

maejestic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Have you tried calling from multiple numbers?

The reason I'm asking is one time I thought my phone wasn't receiving calls and it turns out it was because somehow I blocked my dad's cell number on my phone. I thought it was a network issue but it was a device setting!

Otherwise it's odd that the phone can receive texts (meaning the number is connected) but not calls...

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@kittybooze wrote:

Just set up an old phone on public mobile. It makes phone calls and texts fine, but it seems to not be able to receive calls. It goes straight to voicemail.

@kittybooze   If you're still unable to receive calls, try rebooting the phone or powering off and removing your SIM, wait couple of mins and reinsert and restart your phone.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@kittybooze wrote:

@kittybooze hi if you just ported your number this is normal it can take a few hours for port completion

Need Help? Let's chat.