cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone calls drop and end - voice mail garbled

Tucana
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My husband just joined Public Mobile and is trying the $15.00 plan…I also have the same plan. His phone is a Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown and whenever he tries phoning me or anyone else, his inbound and outbound calls drop and end within 45-50 seconds. Also voice mail is all garbled. 

9 REPLIES 9

Tucana

It was reset! Thanks!

@Tucana 

If your husbands call quality was good with bell then it should be the same with public mobile as they share the same network. It sounds like an account reset is what is needed.

I like @benfatto 's idea of swapping SIMs between the two phones test. See if the problem follows the SIMs or the phones

@Tucana  If all calls are being dropped at around the minute mark it suggests that the account needs to be reset by Public Mobile by submitting a ticket.

@Tucana it could be. But according to your original post he would have to be in poor signal areas all the time. Another option could be WiFi assist. Turn it off. Stay safe 

Tucana

Thanks! I submitted a ticket to the Moderator Team. Could it be poor connectivity service in certain areas?... although there was never any problems with Bell Mobility.

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tucana it could also be problem with his phone. Try switching the sims to see if its withthe phone or Public Mobile. If its with the phone try a network rest and restart the phone. 

1. From a Home screen, swipe up then navigate: Settings > General management.
  2. Tap Reset.
  3. Tap Reset network settings.
  4. Tap RESET SETTINGS.
  5. Tap RESET SETTINGS to confirm

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Try trading SIM cards with him to see whether the problem follows the SIM or is just his phone. 
If the problem still occurs when his SIM is In your phone it suggests his account needs to be reset by contacting the moderators.

Click on the green question mark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on "Account specific question" and  "No I want a human" and "Submit a ticket Click me!")

Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.

If you are having problems using Simon contact the moderators directly through private message here 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Tucana your husband's plan may not have provisioned correctly.  Have him contact the moderators and ask them to reset his service. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.