cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone call Caught off

KlnAir4U
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have unlimited incoming calls and 100 outgoing minutes in my plan. 

I was on an incoming call and I've used only 27 of my 100 outgoing minutes, but i was just caught off. 

Erik xxxxxxx

Edit by Dunkman:  removed personal information

13 REPLIES 13

pkara01

VOIP or whatsapp calls are on the data or wifi network,

so that call cutoff can be the outage of data network or while talking you hit a dead spot of wifi network.

If you still encounter the call cutoff and have good reception of data or wifi network, please contact moderators to check the network settings on the phone.

a reset of the phone can also help as below...

Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on.

KlnAir4U

Definitely, a longish call ... 18 minutes, actually. No where near two hours. 

KlnAir4U 

KlnAir4U

You're very right about personal data (like my last name). Thank you. 

Further, I believe that this was a voip or What's App call  ... still, shouldn't happen. But, probably the answer. 

Thx,

KlnAir4U 

@KlnAir4U wrote:

Yes ... call was only 18 minutes ... but I believe that it was Voip or What'sApp. 

Thx,

KlnAir4U 

@KlnAir4U    If your call getting cut off is with an internet app related call then that has nothing to do with your PM plan minutes, incoming or not.  I've had Whatsapp calls drop every now again too, not much you or the party calling you can do but try again.

@KlnAir4U wrote:

Yes ... call was only 18 minutes ... but I believe that it was Voip or What'sApp. 

Thx,

KlnAir4U 

Were you using an app to answer or just the other perosn was using an app? Whatsapp to Whatsapp isnt' a regular call.

@KlnAir4U   Is it traditional voixe call or data calling?  they are 2 different things.

if it is a VoIP app call or Whatsapp call, it is a data issue.  Possibly due to unstable data connection.   But were you using WiFi or Mobile data?  if you are on WiFi,  then it is not Public issue.  If it is Mobile data, please be aware those call will eat into your data limit.

If you meant it is a true voice call, it might be an issue mainly from unstable network .  This thing happens, could be either your end or your friend's.   Also, unless you notice it happens often and happen at particular area, then would probably need more investigation.   if it is one off, I think it is no big concern.

@KlnAir4U wrote:

Thx,

KlnAir4U 

Hi @KlnAir4U ,

This could have been an issue from the other caller's end.

Hard to tell unless you see more examples of the same issue.

KlnAir4U

Thx,

KlnAir4U 

@KlnAir4U 

Sometimes calls get cut off for seemingly no reason. When this happens try toggling airplane mode on/off. This will give you a brand new connection to the network in case the cause was a weak signal or poor connecton to the network.

As mentioned by @esjliv and @hTideGnow calls will get cut off by pm at 150 minutes. I have tested this several times with calls with my mom and sisters....yeah oncevwe get on the horn only pm can shut us up! 😃

@dabr advice to have the $5/500 min add on for the $15 plan is great assurance that you won't get cut off an important call if you exceed your plan minutes.

@KlnAir4U , did you have a chance to check My Account and see how many minutes left for your outgoing calls? On the main page of  My Account (Overview Tab), there will be a line showing you how many of those 100 minutes used.  If you don't see the line, that mean the minutes are used up.

If it is an incoming call, it shouldn't be using those minutes.  So, it might be possible that your incoming calls was over 2 hours.  As @esjliv  mentioned, PM will cut the call at the 2 hours 2.5 hours mark.  You can confirm this by check your Usage History in My Account

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @KlnAir4U 

How long were you on the call when it cut  off...around the 2 hour mark?

Here is another  thread  about calls being cut off:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Ive-noticed-that-my-phone-calls-get-cut... 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@KlnAir4U wrote:

I have unlimited incoming calls and 100 outgoing minutes in my plan. 

I was on an incoming call and I've used only 27 of my 100 outgoing minutes, but i was just caught off. 

@KlnAir4U   All calls are rounded up, ie, call lasting one min and 10 secs will count as 2 mins deducted from your 100 available mins.  Retrieving voicemail messages will also use up your available mins and again mins will be rounded up.  You can avoid this by using another phone to listen to your voicemail messages.

For now log into your self serve account and if the line for 100 plan mins is missing (under My Data & Add-Ons, then you've used up your available mins and will now need to purchase add-on mins at $5/500 mins.  This add-on stays with your account until completely used up and is a great back up for limited plan minutes.  A reminder that when buying add-ons first add your funds and then go back to Purchase Add-ons page and make the relevant purchase.

Edit:  Sorry misread that you were on an incoming call, so you may just wan to retry your call.  Unfortunately I've had that happen a few times lately with calls getting cut off for no reason and usually calling back (sometimes more than once) has connected without further problems.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Try incoming call again, this should not happen. But sometimes calls get caught off for whatever reason particularly if incoming call comes from VOIP (as per my experience).

Please do not post private info like your name, full phone number, address, etc. This is public forum and abuse might happen...

Need Help? Let's chat.