cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Service at Banff National Park

barrosd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I'll be going camping at Banff National Park next week, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there's any reception within the park with Public Mobile? I currently use Public Mobile for my personal, and am just wondering if I would need to purchase a temporary SIM card with another phone provider for the duration of my trip there.

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

@oasis4ever 

Thanks for local imput!  And grear username.....4everandever! I wish....those boys!!!

oasis4ever
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

likely won't require a temp sim. the connection is as good as it get's from telus' towers. There is some remote spots in banff that won't have signal regardless, but most of the tourist spots and must-see trails have signal. 

@barrosd wrote:

I'm going to Alberta and I was wondering if I'll have to pay any roaming charges while I'm staying there? I'm a resident of Ontario.

Everyone who has said that there are not extra charges at Public Mobile is right.  Also, of note is by definition, the above situation isn't roaming.  Roaming is the act of using a different network than the one that is assigned as the "home" network by your carrier. Oftentimes, people confuse roaming with long distance. 

@barrosd 

There are never any overages, extra charges or hidden fees at public mobile. Banff is in the mountains so there will always be areas in the back country with no reception but there is cell reception in the fore country.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/how-is-public-mobile-signal-in-Banff-...

Edit: Lol....sorry didn't see your link @hairbag1 

even you have Provincial plan, you still can able to use the Data as usual.  So, you can use App to make calls if you need to .

@barrosd wrote:

Hi,

I'm going to Alberta and I was wondering if I'll have to pay any roaming charges while I'm staying there? I'm a resident of Ontario.

Thanks!

Hello @barrosd 

Roaming is for travel in U.S.A. only.

If you have a Canada-wide plan you will pay not extra charges (no overages here), and you will have service anywhere in Canada.

If you have a Provincial plan, than you can purchase a $5 addon that is for Canada-wide calling.

What plan are you on?

@barrosd wrote:

Hi,

Thanks!

Nope. As long as you have a Canada wide calling plan...you're good to go. What plan do you currently have ?

barrosd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Thanks!

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Yes. There is reception. But if travelling from Vancouver is spotty. 

Need Help? Let's chat.