cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Says I'm Out of Minutes

tt05
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am paying $15 for 100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk + Unlimited Incoming Minutes. However I have only used only 30 minutes for this month. Now I cannot receive or make calls because the operator says I used all my minutes and to call to add more minutes. I tried to create a ticket for someone to help me but it keeps giving me an error. Can someone help me?

19 REPLIES 19

pkara01

while you contact moderators you can also try rebooting as follow...

Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on.

tt05

A moderator replied to my private message and said there was a glitch in my account and has restored my minutes. I appreciate everyone reaching out and helping me solve this issue!

@darlicious wrote:

Edit:

Maybe I should just copy and paste from the help articles and I wouldn't get these stupid red warnings saying the message has disappeared!!!! Enjoy your solution @Anonymous you deserve it.

A multi bravo!!!

Forget it.

@Guinevererocks wrote:

I just logged into account and I had a reply a week ago, my mistake.  It looks like you can’t go over your allotted minutes for your plan - I just assumed you got charged more. I’m actually quite happy you can’t as this will control my son’s usage.

The beauty about PM...no extra charges.......it just stops. 

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Hi there!

Contact a MOD again if your first attempt takes to long to see action.  Try this link. 

But of course only contact a MOD if you need to. 

Also please try 2 checks. 

1. Look at the main page in My Account....it should show how minutes you have.  Like 97.

100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk
3  /  100 MIN

2. Look at your usage, select your 30 date range, click the sort to see all outbound calls. 

And confirm it all calls were ok. 

And thirdly buy 2 $5 500 Minute Canada Wide add-on. When one group is used buy another $5 worth. Easy insurance and add-ons carry over monthly. Also watch for freebies. You have to see them.....then buy them for $0.00. 

dr-et
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

its one of the reasons i use public mobile having three kids with phones once their data is done

its done  no overage. other operators were charging stupid amounts for the extra data

with no notifications until a certain amount was reached

@tt05 wrote:

My total usage with each call rounded to the next minute to this date would be only 35 minutes. Which is why I am confused that I am suddenly out of minutes when I'm not even halfway through my usage. 

You have gone back far enough in your usage history to your last renewal date?  Usually, it only shows the last 7 days so if your renewal was longer than that you will need to go back 30 and count from your renewal date.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@tt05 

Your sim card needs reprovisioning. Only a moderator can do this. Follow @Anonymous  instructions to contact a moderator as that what is most important. Once the moderator fixes your sim cards ability to communicate with between your phone and pm you can assign the solution to @Anonymous as they have told how to get the solution to your issue.

@tt05 wrote:

My total usage with each call rounded to the next minute to this date would be only 35 minutes. Which is why I am confused that I am suddenly out of minutes when I'm not even halfway through my usage. 

As your plan includes unlimited incoming calls and you also can't make outgoing calls nor receive incoming calls, the problem isn't likely on your side of things.  This isn't a network settings issue on your device as you were able to hear the error message about being out of minutes.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Guinevererocks 

How Do I Know If A Moderator Has Looked At My Question Or Responded?

You can find out whether a Moderator has responded to your private message by clicking on the envelope icon.If you have not changed your account settings since creating your Community account, you will automatically receive email notifications when someone has sent you a private message. To modify this, just click on your Community avatar, then on ‘My Settings’, then navigate to the ‘Preferences tab’, then select ‘Private Messenger’ and checkmark the box beside ‘Receive email notifications for new private messages”.

visit Here for more information,

You can find out whether a Moderator has responded to your private message by clicking on the envelope icon, for your inbox.

tt05

Great I see there is an oracle in the community....look a pop up! Happy Sunday @computergeek541 !!!

Edit:

Maybe I should just copy and paste from the help articles and I wouldn't get these stupid red warnings saying the message has disappeared!!!! Enjoy your solution @Anonymous you deserve it.

@tt05 @Guinevererocks 

Just contact the moderators whenever you have an issue....there's no point to troubleshooting an issue when they can fix every problem.

@tt05 wrote:

Okay I just sent a private message to the moderator team. Hopefully they get back to me soon. Thank you for your help!

@tt05, did you add your calls up by the time listed in the usage log?  Remember each call is rounded up to the next minute.  So if you have a bunch of calls just over a minute they all go up to 2 minutes.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

tt05

Okay I just sent a private message to the moderator team. Hopefully they get back to me soon. Thank you for your help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

can you do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

if you still not working you have to Submit a ticket to customer service by Moderator Team,

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to customer service by Moderator Team

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click HERE to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service.

Good Luck

Guinevererocks
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just logged into account and I had a reply a week ago, my mistake.  It looks like you can’t go over your allotted minutes for your plan - I just assumed you got charged more. I’m actually quite happy you can’t as this will control my son’s usage.

tt05

That must be frustrating as you're also paying for a service that you can't even use. I hope they get back to you soon!

Guinevererocks
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m having the same issue and have put in a ticket over a week ago but no one has contacted me 

Need Help? Let's chat.