cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Number won't transfer to new sim

Frank10
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My old sim card broke so I purchased a new one but now it won't let me transfer my old number to my new sim card

5 REPLIES 5

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Follow the link that @softech provided.  This has to be done by staff now due to potential fraud.  Opening a ticket will allow you to login and attach your account to your ticket.  Please note that Moderators operate during extended business hours (like now 🙂 ) so they won't be available overnight.

You'll be able to see/reply to their messages in your mailbox - look for the Envelope icon (upper-right corner).  Otherwise, there is no direct human support here due to the budget friendly services of Public Mobile.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Frank10 wrote:

My old sim card broke so I purchased a new one but now it won't let me transfer my old number to my new sim card

@Frank10 

Customers used to be able to swap the SIM card on their Self Serve accounts, but this opened up paths for fraudsters, so that permission was taken away.

Now only Moderators can swap the SIM number connected to your phone number and account. So contact them to give them the new SIM card number to replace it with your old one.

If SIMbot is causing you issues, you can use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Frank10 wrote:

On top of this page click Get Help / Chat with Simon to start process of moderator assistance.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Frank10   you will need to ask Mod to do a SIM swap on the system for you .  you can use this direct link to open ticket:

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/-H7DB-

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Frank10 : You need to ask the moderators to apply the new SIM to your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.