cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Number Recovery

Forsaken
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello Mobile Community!

recently my account got closed so I lost my number and everything attached to it!
So now I am here asking is there a possibility to recover my previous public mobile number?

Thanks in advance all, hopefully i can get it back.

*edit* i did get the number from public mobile!

- Forsaken

6 REPLIES 6

@HALIMACS wrote:

Hi @Forsaken 

This is an excellent edit update that you have gotten your number back!!!  (unless you meant it had originally come from Public Mobile - not that you had yet secured it's return...)

Care to share with the Community the process you undertook to achieve this?  It would be great for all of us to know so we can inform others in the same predicament.

Was it a simple Moderator contact?  If so, kudo's to the Mod who could arrange this.  There is a thought that the number remains sorta 'held' for a period after account becomes deactivated, but there isn't certainty around that.

When I read the OP's edit...I read that his number was selected from PM's pool of numbers when he originally activated his account.

If that's the case, then he should try dialing the number to see if it's be reassigned yet. If it hasn't, then maybe there's hope. If @Forsaken  contacts a moderator as previously directed, then maybe they can retrieve it for him if it's still available.

Worth a try anyhow.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Forsaken 

This is an excellent edit update that you have gotten your number back!!!  (unless you meant it had originally come from Public Mobile - not that you had yet secured it's return...)

Care to share with the Community the process you undertook to achieve this?  It would be great for all of us to know so we can inform others in the same predicament.

Was it a simple Moderator contact?  If so, kudo's to the Mod who could arrange this.  There is a thought that the number remains sorta 'held' for a period after account becomes deactivated, but there isn't certainty around that.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Forsaken 

If it was Publicmobile number you can contact moderators by private message to Moderator_Team

Keep in mind that it will not be available for at least another 30 days then it may go back to pool.

If you brought it from elsewhere you will have to go back to original provider and they will be able to help.

If the provider doesn't exist anymore then contact the company which purchased it.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

If the phone number was originally from PM , you have a chance to get it back if you are lucky.   You might even be able to see see the number during the number picking process.  

I think some people also mentioned that Mod might be able to help to give you back the number, but it really YMMV

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Forsaken : If you call the number does anyone answer? If so, it's gone.

If not then did the number originate here? If so, then maybe. If you ported over from elsewhere then this place wouldn't be able to help you. You would need to go back to the originating provider of the number.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Forsaken...

did you port that number in to PM when you activated originally ? That number then would have gone back when your account here closed down.

Need Help? Let's chat.