cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Line Getting Crossed

Kryton619
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just tried calling my wife's number, it is answered by a voice mail that is not hers.  This has happened a couple of times in the past....it connects with the same person.

How can this be solved?

15 REPLIES 15

Kryton619

Thanks for that post.....that worked and her number is now changed.

@Kryton619 wrote:

I just tried changing her phone number through Public.  Tried 15 different numbers and everyone fails.

@Kryton619  Try logging out of her account. Then open a browser in private/incognito mode and try again. Otherwise you are stuck waiting for the moderators.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

this has been happening more and more. I would be pissed if someone had my number... 

Kryton619

I just tried changing her phone number through Public.  Tried 15 different numbers and everyone fails.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kryton619 Interesting situation! If you ever talk to that man again inquire about his mobile provider.

Could be a duped SIM leeching off your subscription. Normally the thief would be careful to use the stolen phone number in faraway cities or provinces - so that "local" traffic across different networks would never intersect - and the thief normally wouldn't hijack the voicemail - because his objective is to remain undetected and get "free" service for as long as possible.

https://drfone.wondershare.com/phone-clone/duplicate-sim-card.html

Login to Self-Serve and confirm the "unique" phone number is exactly what it should be, confirm the "unique" SIM ID number on account matches the one printed on the SIM card. Screenshot everything for reference, just in case (and make sure you can access a copy of that reference without your phone, just in case). Then change the password and "secret question" backdoor and other personal/private info to secure the account. You can change your voicemail PIN through voicemail menu options (I think). You can change your Public Mobile PIN (the "secret" one which isn't anywhere in Self-Serve) only with @CS_Agent intervention.

Wonder how long you have this number?   Also your wife ever got stranger call that supposed to be going to the other guy?     And yes, I guess only Mod can sort this out.   Let us know how it turns out.

@Kryton619 

This has sometimes happens to previous customers.  Being assigned a number that belonged to somebody else.  Not often, but has been reported before.

If the other person had the phone number first, the easiest way is to change your phone number via self service account.  You can contact moderator, but the likely advice would be changing number anyways.  Choose another different phone number. 

Kryton619

Checked.....last 4 digits of sim card match.

@Kryton619 wrote:

I spoke with him 10 minutes ago and he said his number is the same as my wife's.  He suggested that I send him a text, however, when he called I was in the middle of the lake walking on the ice, it was very bright and very difficult to see the screen of my phone.

I just got back, texted my wife's number, and her phone received the text.  I tried calling her number and her phone rang.

It is very strange...that two people could have the same telephone number.

This is a new number for her....just one month old.  We selected it from the available numbers that Public Mobile lists when you are setting up your phone.

@Kryton619 , that is definitely not supposed to happen.

Submit a ticket with the Moderators via either method as @HALIMACS provides and have that looked into and corrrected.

What is this the party-line days!?

😋

Kryton619

I spoke with him 10 minutes ago and he said his number is the same as my wife's.  He suggested that I send him a text, however, when he called I was in the middle of the lake walking on the ice, it was very bright and very difficult to see the screen of my phone.

I just got back, texted my wife's number, and her phone received the text.  I tried calling her number and her phone rang.

It is very strange...that two people could have the same telephone number.

This is a new number for her....just one month old.  We selected it from the available numbers that Public Mobile lists when you are setting up your phone.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kryton619  Perhaps ask the person answering what they think their phone number is?

Be sure to confirm the SIM # is correct as suggested earlier. 
Did she recently request a number transfer from another carrier?

Kryton619

No misdial....confirmed her number on her phone.....has happened a few times, and it always connects to the same guy.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Kryton619 , was it a misdial?  Go into the self serve account and confirm the phone number to make sure that it's not changed, same with the SIM card.  There's been many reports of unauthorized account access.  It might be worth confirming this is not the case here.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Please check that the SIM card in her phone matches the SIM card registered to her self-serve account. (presuming she is a Public Mobile customer)

In her self service account, choose Change Sim Card.

Ensure the last 4 digits on the self-serve SIM number matches her SIM card to ensure she has not been sim jacked. 

If they do not match, while still on the self-serve account, put her phone in lost/stolen mode and change the password. Then check and secure all your financials.

From, there, contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system - faster response time. Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.
  2. Send a private message to the moderator through the following link  here

Need Help? Let's chat.