cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Cannot Receive Text Messages

rahola
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm having a problem with my phone receiving text messages. I can make calls and send text messages, but cannot receive messages. I have tried turning off my phone. I also tried my SIM in another phone, and the same problem occurred with the other phone. I also verified the APN settings and they are correct. Any suggestions?

12 REPLIES 12

fathom
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Weird, I transferred to a new Xiaomi note 3 pro (the other one has a cracked screen), and now TXT is working again.
Interestingly it's using PC Mobile apn as I did not need to enter PM for the phone to work

rahola

Sorry to hear you're having the same problem. On my phone the problem seems to have resolved itself. I am now able to receive texts. Maybe there was a delay between my US roaming add-on expiring and getting transferred back onto the Canadian network? Sorry I can't be of more help.

fathom
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
I'm having the same issue.
Customer for the last month. Can send but cannot receive messages. Everything else works fine (calls, hotspot etc).
I'm on a Xiaomi note 3 pro.
My wife is on an iPhone 5s on PM has no issue.

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey @rahola

I'm sorry you've been unable to receive texts 😕 do you still need help? If so, send me a private message with your phone number and I will look into your issue! 

Thank you!

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

There's never any need to check APN settings for text messaging issues.  The two are entirely unrelated.

I too was also wondering about if incoming calls were coming in, but since that's been ruled out, it does not sound like a number porting issue.

I am wondering if the people who are trying to contact you are on different carriers (Bell, Telus, Rogers, Wind, etc.).  When a text message is coming outside of the native network (in this case Telus), there are sometimes intercarrier issues, so check if there is a specific carrier or carriers that you can't receive from.

Also, send yourself a text message (from the same phone) to see if it is received.  This will rule out any issue with the device software itself such as SMS notifications being accidently turned off, etc.

Hi,

This sounds like a common issue that some people are experiencing. I just read another post with the exact same issue. Perhaps it's a system wide issue that some people are experiencing. 

It it would be interesting to know if the texts that are not being received from the same carrier or different carriers?

If it's a system wide issue, hope PM can resolve it quickly before it spreads.

And is is there's a way to merge multiple posts on this issue?  This will help keep track of this issue and its progress. It will also help the mods and save them some time instead if reveling and replying to multiple posts. 

Thanks

@rahola, if this is a glitch, it would be the latest new one I'm sure.

Quick question, are you connected to Public Mobile network, or is it still possibly roaming, or attempting to roam?

Yes there have been some glitches with the US Addons.  I am not sure what it could be probably need a mod to look at this one unless one of the more knowledgeable minds on the forum have any idea on what you could try.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

rahola

Oh sorry - misread that. Yes I can receive calls as well. I have a nexus 5x. I had a US roaming add-on that expired today, it may be a glitch with that but it seems strange that it would only affect the receiving of texts. 

Yes I got that you can make calls just making sure you can receive them as well.  If you have been a customer for a month and were able to receive texts prior to this issue then I am not sure what the problem is.  What type of phone are you using?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

rahola

Yes, I can make calls. I've been a customer for over a month and have not had any issues until now.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@raholaare you able to receive calls?  How long have you been with PM and if you are new did you just recently try to Port your number from your previous provider?

Need Help? Let's chat.