cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal hotspot and wifi calling on iphone

gpech
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I recently got the iphone 6s on a Public Mobile plan and am loving it. Calling, text, and data (LTE) work perfectly!

I had two questions/concerns though:

- Anyone have any expirience with setting on personal hotspot? I have the option on my phone, and when I turn it on, I see the wifi hotspot on other devices, but they seem to fail to connect to it. I start seeing the blue bar at the top of the iphone flicker and then stops working. 

-On another note, does anyone know how to set up wifi calling on Public Mobile. 

Thanks!

Greg

3 REPLIES 3

deltatux
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@gpech wrote:

Thanks for the link! However I already have isp.mb.com for the APN under personal hotspot. 

I have the ability to toggle personal hotspot on and off, and can even see hotspot on other devices. The problem is that when I try and connect to the hotspot it fails and ends up disconnecting.

Not sure what the issue could be.

gpech

@gpech, make sure the APN settings are exactly as shown in that post, had similar issues previously and had to reset the APN settings as they did not fully reflect the correct one automatically.

gpech
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the link! However I already have isp.mb.com for the APN under personal hotspot. 

I have the ability to toggle personal hotspot on and off, and can even see hotspot on other devices. The problem is that when I try and connect to the hotspot it fails and ends up disconnecting.

Not sure what the issue could be.

gpech

deltatux
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@gpech wrote:

Hello,

I recently got the iphone 6s on a Public Mobile plan and am loving it. Calling, text, and data (LTE) work perfectly!

I had two questions/concerns though:

- Anyone have any expirience with setting on personal hotspot? I have the option on my phone, and when I turn it on, I see the wifi hotspot on other devices, but they seem to fail to connect to it. I start seeing the blue bar at the top of the iphone flicker and then stops working. 

-On another note, does anyone know how to set up wifi calling on Public Mobile. 

Thanks!

Greg

Hi @gpech,

Welcome to Public Mobile! For tethering, please see this post and make sure the tethering APN has been set up: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Mobile-Data-Not-Working-APN-seems-to-loo...

As for WiFi calling, I don't believe this is supported by Public Mobile as I don't think any of the Big 3 carriers support native WiFi calling. I know TELUS has a TELUS Extend app that does WiFi calling which is similar to the Rogers One number service.

Hope this helps!

Need Help? Let's chat.