cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People getting calls from my number - But I have never called them

umarsattar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

A lady called me from same first 6 digit as my cell# and asked me to stop calling her. I have not called her at all. She said that the calls came in on her cell, not on any application like Viber or Whatsapp.
I am worried that my number is being spoofed and it just started now because I just ported my number from Bell Canada to Public Mobile this week.
I need some actual support instead of Online Bot !

3 REPLIES 3

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@umarsattar 

This had happened to too many people and is the dirty work of telephone marketing people.

I found out as soon as I answer a call with silence reply, I started to get calls from people with from my community.  (same area code) same first 3 number as my phone number.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @umarsattar ,

Oh, this IS frustrating! 

Yes, it does happen. Happened to me once (that I know of...), only because the person called me and told me about it.

It is a little weird that you did not obtain these calls until you joined PM. You have the same number as you did with Bell, right?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@umarsattar wrote:

Hi,

A lady called me from same first 6 digit as my cell# and asked me to stop calling her. I have not called her at all. She said that the calls came in on her cell, not on any application like Viber or Whatsapp.
I am worried that my number is being spoofed and it just started now because I just ported my number from Bell Canada to Public Mobile this week.
I need some actual support instead of Online Bot !

@umarsattar   Yes it does sound as if your number is being spoofed and unfortunately I'm not sure how the moderators will be able to help with that.  You should also let this other person know that your number is being spoofed and to ignore calls from your number or even block it if necessary.  Usually this will eventually stop, but will be quite frustrating and upsetting until then.

But here's a link to private message Moderator_Team: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.