cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal payment option in the future?

Angelic_Fille90
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello fellow PublicMobilers,

Hope you've all had a great Summer-despite the major cool and wetness. Cat Tongue

I was wondering has PublicMobile thought of lauching a Paypal payment option in the future?

I started to think about this recently because I have a Paypal account and am more comfortable using Paypal as much as the cash vouchers.

Is Paypal going to be an added payment option one day?

6 REPLIES 6

Balanceman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I think the fees to service paypal payments are slightly higher than credit card payments and PublicMobile works off tight margins compared to the industry (which has a fairly high margin).

Not sure if publicmobile has already integrated their systems with Telus, but if yes, I would be more comfortable with their securit.  That said, large corporate systems are not hack proof.

But it allows prviacy conscious customers another choice for payment options.  I would support this if someone initiates this on the lab as others have mentioned.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

PM have Paypal account but don't like or want to accepted it

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Angelic_Fille90, good idea. 🙂

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Angelic_Fille90, if you want the option to be considered, please initiate a labs suggestion.  Personally, I am comfortable using my credit card since Public Mobile is owned by a large Canadian company and is under the jurisdiction of Canadian law.  It's not like they are going to take our financial security lightly.  That said, if they accept PayPal, I am game.

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
I am at the same boat as you. Yes I see that my money is going through properly, but the convenience and security of PayPal is unbeatable. if we can get people to vote for PayPal. It may be a method of payment.

skmkenn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It's hard to say, but there is an idea posted in the Public Lab for this. Head over to https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Adding-Paypal-to-ways-of-Paying-for-Servic... and give it a vote and feel free to add your thoughts -- if it gets enough traction maybe it'll be implemented. 

Need Help? Let's chat.