cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment

Karmazin123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have paid my bill on January 23rd and now my data is saying that I have used up all my data...I shut my phone off every night so that its not running at all through the night...im not on my phone 24/7 through the day...I have never used up all of my data through the month...so what in world is going on??? When I pay it every month it sets it self all the time so what is going on

19 REPLIES 19

@Karmazin123 wrote:

My plan is 8.5 GB at 3G speed

4 GB Bata Bonus

If you consumed 8.5 GB PLUS a 4 GB data bonus in 3 days, that's some serious web usage.

Can you provide the following 2 things, please?  (make sure no account#, phone#, name info, is showing)

1.    a screenshot of your "Data and Add-on" screen - please.   It'll look like this:

HALIMACS_0-1611668462582.png

2.  a screenshot of your transaction history summary, it'll look like this:

HALIMACS_1-1611668556951.png

@computergeek541 

Thats the difference between you and I....I will not recommend simon to a user who is already frustrated by the process. There really isnt that much info to write out if you already know the basics. Its only not knowing the pin # that creates the need for additional identifiers.

We can agree to disagree on this one. I do know this....the one time I managed to successfully submit a ticket thru simon by the time I was finished it had taken at least 20 if not 30 minutes, I had yelled every profanity known to man, almost threw my tablet across the room, the dog went to hide with its owner, the cats disappeared for a day and a half, the bf rode off on his bike in a huff and even the squirrels decided to explore other housing options. It is by no means faster for me. To top it off i had to verify myself 5 separate times to 4 different moderators.

9/10 times that I send a private message my request has been fixed/fufilled already by the moderator with their first reply. Unless i have a follow up question the service request could end there and then but I do always ask for a review link. For some members like me.....private messaging is the more relaxed method slower than simon? Is debatable. The OP in this case seemed more suited to this method either that or classic @jb456 step by step guide with pics to guide the member past simon to submit a support ticket.

@darlicious wrote:

@Karmazin123 

It sounds like it would be easier for you to send a private message then trying to tap dance your way around simple simon to submit a support ticket. When you send a private message it will help speed up your service request by leaving a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:

1. Full name and address on account.
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If you cannot remember your pin # include at least three of the following:

1. Date of birth
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?

By including this info you will save yourself the time of having to answer any extra questions to further identify yourself.The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours. They should be able to verify the account without waiting for a reply from you first and begin to look into your situation.

Keep an eye on your private message box (the envelope icon) next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little bubble to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Doing this will slow down the actual service that the customer will receive. I'm no fan of SIMon either, but I will say that navigating through SIMon is easier than providing all of the above account information.  Further, a customer typing out all of the information is inadvisable, as too often, customers do not see realize where that information is going.  It's also likely the same reason that moderators generally don't post messages in the forum asking for such information in the fear that customers will simply hit the reply button and type out all the information for everyone to see.

@Karmazin123 wrote:

That doesn't help me at all...I have tried it...I talk to a robot and then I have to make out a ticket but there is no option for my situation so that is out

Sorry that you feel this way but my instructions are how Public Mobile asks customers to contact customer service.  I previously provided the information of opening a ticket by going to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat

Typing in "open ticket" provides that option.

@Karmazin123 

It sounds like it would be easier for you to send a private message then trying to tap dance your way around simple simon to submit a support ticket. When you send a private message it will help speed up your service request by leaving a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:

1. Full name and address on account.
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If you cannot remember your pin # include at least three of the following:

1. Date of birth
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?

By including this info you will save yourself the time of having to answer any extra questions to further identify yourself.The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours. They should be able to verify the account without waiting for a reply from you first and begin to look into your situation.

Keep an eye on your private message box (the envelope icon) next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little bubble to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

To send a private message to the moderators click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Karmazin123 

Ok thats a lot of data to use in a few days. But it will help if you do a little research yourself first so you know what you are talking about when you contact the moderators.  Otherwise a moderator can look at your account and simply say you have no data showing you must have used it all up.

It does sound like your data did not reset. Did you still have data before your plan renewed? Do you know how much you typically use? Did you have the free holiday 2gb data add on from pm at xmas on your account? Did you recieve a text from pm telling you had used up 75% or 90% of your data?

Do you use your data tracker in your phone? If not you should. Set it for your renewal dates. You will have to adjust the next few months on your renewal day to reflect 31/28/31 days in the month compared to your 30 day plan. Hopefully it will show you how much you have used since your plan renewed. If you scroll down thru the data usage for your apps you can see what has been using the most data or if you have had an app crazy app thats just been eating up all of your data.

While you are going thru each app turn off all of the background data. Its a pure waste of data you dont need it. If you can't turn it off like the OS there's a reason for it. When you do get data back set the data warning and the data limiter. Go low it will help you track your usage. Do the warning at 500mb and the limiter at 1gb. Then just reset when your data turns off at 1gb. This prevents nasty surprises like all your data getting used in 2 days!

If your phone indicates you didn't use 8gb in 2-3 days then go into your account and click on the usage button on the top half of the overview page in the "my plan" section. This will bring you to your daily usage pages. Choose the last 30 days. Data is upated twice daily in 12 hour increments. Count back your usage to the the day that your plan renewed. How much have you used? Does it compare to your phones usage? Is it under 1 or 2gb? Or close to 8gb?

If its no where near your plans data alotment now you can tell the moderator that your plan data didn't reset. Can they reset it please? And if you had data add ons that were used could they replace them too? Please and thank you.

See below on how to send a private message. Heres a couple of examples of data usage.....

Screenshot_20210121-004057.pngScreenshot_20210121-004112.pngScreenshot_20210121-004137.png

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Check your phone data usage, see which app used data unnecessarily and turn off data for it. Only let the needed ones use data.

Karmazin123

Thank you ❤ 😊 knowone is telling me this everyone is going going around the question and im getting tired 😫 of all these questions 😴 

Karmazin123

My plan is 8.5 GB at 3G speed

4 GB Bata Bonus

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Contact moderator by clicking the bubble at bottom right. No matter how much data you use(within your limit) or you finish all your data in the first day of every 30 days, you wont be charged again. you only pay your plan every 30 day cycle.

Karmazin123

That doesn't help me at all...I have tried it...I talk to a robot and then I have to make out a ticket but there is no option for my situation so that is out

@Karmazin123 wrote:

yes it shows that but I just paid for a new cycle on the 23 of January and its 26 of January you can't tell me that I have used that much in that time just going on to Fb checking emails...im not on my phone 24 7

What plan are you on? Have you checked your usage history in self service  to see when the data was used?

Karmazin123

yes it shows that but I just paid for a new cycle on the 23 of January and its 26 of January you can't tell me that I have used that much in that time just going on to Fb checking emails...im not on my phone 24 7

@Karmazin123 wrote:

Yes I understand all of that...

But I need to talk to someone cause it will charge me for going over and I shouldn't be over...I just paid it...

I need to talk to someone 

There isn't any way for you to go over your data amount, nor are there ever pay-per-use charges at Public Mobile.

Sorry, but there is no one who you can call. If you feel that your data counter was not reset properly during your recent renewal, you'll have to open a ticket to the moderators by going to: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat

Karmazin123

I have no add-ons 

Karmazin123

Yes I understand all of that...

But I need to talk to someone cause it will charge me for going over and I shouldn't be over...I just paid it...

I need to talk to someone 

Karmazin123

Nope it doesn't nothing 

I just checked 

My balance is zero 

My next payment is February 22

I have no clue who to call to see what is going on

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Karmazin123 wrote:

I have paid my bill on January 23rd and now my data is saying that I have used up all my data...I shut my phone off every night so that its not running at all through the night...im not on my phone 24/7 through the day...I have never used up all of my data through the month...so what in world is going on??? When I pay it every month it sets it self all the time so what is going on

PM billing cycle is 30 days and not monthly.  Your renewal date is not on the same date every month.  You phone data tracking is by month.

What is your data usage line on your overview page?

My plan has 250MB data.  I used 117MB out of 250MB.  If your overview page does not show the data usage line, you have used all your data for your current cycle.

250 MB at 3G speed
117.126  /  250 MB

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Karmazin123   how much data do you have per 30 days?

in selfserve does it show any addons?   

Need Help? Let's chat.