cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment on Apps

ajfedinaz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Lately I am unable to pay for goods using my apps...i.e. MacDonald's, Superstore. Used to work a few months ago. Is anyone else having that problem? MacDonald's said the problem was with my phone???? 

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ajfedinaz : Great update. Yeah it's a little embarrassing but it's always to good to know what the actual problem was.

ajfedinaz

I'm a little embarrassed to report that one of the credit cards I used had been reissued with a new number and I hadn't noticed that the app was still using the old card. I put in the new number and that app (Superstore) works fine. The McDonalds app has been completely removed/reinstalled and credit card info reinstalled....will find out if it works next time I use it.

THANK YOU very much.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ajfedinaz :Yeah the problem definitely with your phone as McDonald's says, since it used to work for you before that must mean something has changed in the settings or something in your phone that causing it not to work anymore - try to think of what could have changed in settings or with your credit cards etc.

ajfedinaz

Will do....thank you.

ajfedinaz

I have uninstalled the app, reinstalled it and entered a new credit card so will see how that works.

Thanks so much.

@ajfedinaz 

@ajfedinaz wrote:

Thank you for your response. I do have data and everything seems to be working i.e. text etc.

How do I reboot an Android phone....just turn it off and restart?

Yes, just turn off and on.  Rebooting sometimes just resets something and things start to work. A good basic troubleshooting step.  

@ajfedinaz 

I would completely remove the associated payment card for these apps and completely re-enter it.

Another option is to completely uninstall the app and reinstall it and re-enter the payment card.

ajfedinaz

I have uninstalled one of the apps and will reinstall to see if that makes a difference.

Thank you for your help. I will post when I resolve the issue. 

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Have you changed credit cards lately?  If your data is loading the problem wouldn't be related to your Public Mobile service it is phone related.  Include more details and what you've tried to fix it.  Someone here in the community will likely have a recommendation.

Good luck!

ajfedinaz

Thank you for your response. I do have data and everything seems to be working i.e. text etc.

How do I reboot an Android phone....just turn it off and restart?

cynthia_sahagun

Try to sign out of McDonald's Superstore Apps and sign back in again. And also , check if you have sufficient data.  🙂 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ajfedinaz : Can you otherwise browse the internet from your phone? Maybe you're out of data.

Edit: @Dunkman : what was the hint that they had an iphone? Or was that an auto-correct from OS to IOS?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@ajfedinaz 

Is everything else working?  Like data, text and talk.  Apps need working data.  

Maybe check the app preferences to see whether something changed.  

Try rebooting phone and maybe update IOS OS for phone.  

Need Help? Let's chat.