cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment not applied to my account

nadinet23
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently phoned and paid $20 + tax for data. The data has not been applied and nor has the payment, although it has definitely been paid from my credit card.

I called #641 now and noticed that when I dialled the number, it gives the message "Number changed by SIM" and shows a number which I don't recognize. I'm unsure what this means and am hoping that the money I paid hasn't gone to this number but how can I find out?

8 REPLIES 8

Doesn’t that “number changed” message seem troubling? Any chance the account has been SIM Swapped? I assume nothing would be working on the phone though if that were the case.

AE_Collector

Did you make an error and buy a USA 10 day roaming add-on for 1 gig which is $20.

Likely why it doesn't work but would show under you account under my data and add-ons in your account.

Screenshot_20200919_180913.jpg

If that is the case. Click the question mark bottom right and open a ticket via the chat bot for moderators. Tell them the issue and see if they can fix it.

One gig of data is $15 plus province tax not $20..

@nadinet23 try restarting your device

contact customer support mods

click on the question mark chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen
type "data troubleshooting"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
*login using your community account

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

nadinet23

Yes, sorry 611

nadinet23

My mistake, it was the 1GB Data add on. I topped my funds up using my Credit card and then went through and purchased the add on. Data didn't get applied to my phone and when I phoned up to check the balance thinking that maybe it just didn't go through, it tells me the balance is now 0.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @nadinet23 ,

Did you mean called 611?

@nadinet23 wrote:

I recently phoned and paid $20 + tax for data. The data has not been applied and nor has the payment, although it has definitely been paid from my credit card.

I called #641 now and noticed that when I dialled the number, it gives the message "Number changed by SIM" and shows a number which I don't recognize. I'm unsure what this means and am hoping that the money I paid hasn't gone to this number but how can I find out?

Are you saying that you would like a data add-on package? If you didn't already have the funds in your Public Mobile available funds, you first much top up the account.  If you proceed to try to purcahse the add-on without those funds, all going through the purcahse steps does is add money to your account. You must then then go back and purcahse the add-on.

Which add-on are you trying to get?  There is no $20 data add-on.

Need Help? Let's chat.