cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment disparities

Roramir
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why are my account charges different from my bank account charges? Why does it seem to included a different province than my current locale? Thirdly, why is the account number on my bank account different from the one that shows up on ‘My Account’ for my account number?

Please help, as this may be the reason for all my data not rolling over to the next month, issues.

Thank you.  

3 REPLIES 3

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Roramir wrote:

Why are my account charges different from my bank account charges?

@Roramir taxes, as already noted.

@Roramir wrote:

Why does it seem to included a different province than my current locale?

As noted, it's based on your area code, not your current locale/address.  I believe there are a few area codes that straddle a provincial border, though these are definitely rare.  Maybe you fall into that?

@Roramir wrote:

Thirdly, why is the account number on my bank account different from the one that shows up on ‘My Account’ for my account number?

@Roramir I don't know what you mean by this.  Your bank account number and your Public Mobile account number are definitely different things.  Are you looking in your credit card transaction history?  What displays there is usually a reference number for the transaction.  Your Visa or MC provider has no idea what Public Mobile account the payment was credited to, just that a payment was made to them to process.

@Roramir wrote:

Please help, as this may be the reason for all my data not rolling over to the next month, issues.

This sounds like an incorrect expectation:  unused plan data does not roll over from cycle to cycle, and is instead lost.  If you lost add-on data after a renewal, that would be a different story, but would not be related to the other questions in your post.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@GinYVR wrote:

@RoramirThe descrepency comes with taxes.. taxes is calculated on where your address is when you fill out your activation form.

TaxesTaxes

This is not correct, but it's the right idea.

Yes, the extra value charged is the tax based on the province your area code is based in, UNLESS you're paying for a voucher at a store in a different province for your phone.  For example, an Ontario phone number being paid for in Ontario either online or in-person for a voucher will have 13% tax added.  That same phone number getting a voucher in person in Alberta, would only pay 5% taxes, but using a credit card will charge Ontario 13%.

Conversely, an Alberta number in Ontario for a voucher payment will be 13%, but via credit card will be 5% taxes.

Using an online vendor like recharge.com or ding.com will apply service fees, rather than taxes.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@RoramirThe descrepency comes with taxes.. taxes is calculated on where your address is when you fill out your activation form.

TaxesTaxes

Need Help? Let's chat.