cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment by credit card

Wholecloud
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm new to PM and I had setup payment by credit card when I signed up 30 days ago.  When I looked at my account just now it says plan expired  does that mean I need to manually pay every 30 days? I'm under the impression that my credit card will be debited every 30 days. Any insight into this issue please?

18 REPLIES 18

TvMann2018

no kidding........no one has any right ask for any kin of personal info , im not sure if you know this but if I wanted you I can steal your ID just with your name and birthday, and believe me these PM sites are not secure and you do not know you are giving your info, just because they are a moderator doesnt they are not a crook, this is where online scams start, it starts with people who are trusted with your info.

TvMann2018

ya id like to ask for that info, in fact why not just pic a pic right up in the community, this is such a joke know one knows who the helll they are talking too!  an with all the online thefts and scams including the big one from Capitol this week, I do not think public mobile has the right to ask for this, This is exactly why PM needs a customer service line, I do not care who you claim to be!! anyone who hands that info over to anyone just because they claim to be a MODERATOR is an idiot and deserves to lose everything they have worked hard for their whole life!!!

@aridShrub  Why are you posting this here? 👎

aridShrub

@Triguy wrote:

You should remove your personal information by clicking on the three dots on top right hand corner and edit your post as this is a public forum.  Message your information to the moderators directly.

Thanks Tri was confused about this message

You should remove your personal information by clicking on the three dots on top right hand corner and edit your post as this is a public forum.  Message your information to the moderators directly.

aridShrub

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hey Wholecloud!
Happy to help! 
Before moving forward I will send you a link so you can authenticate and secure the account:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wholecloud 

Don't answer this here in the open. Only in pm.

But maybe after all these days you don't need to proceed with the mods.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wholecloud wrote:

Thanks and will do  just that the sight of "plan expired" and " account suspended" scares the hell out of me.

Cheers

WC

popping was right to clarify whether you do have autopay on. If it's on then don't worry about it. Your OP wasn't exactly clear on that factoid.

Wholecloud

Thanks and will do  just that the sight of "plan expired" and " account suspended" scares the hell out of me.

Cheers

WC

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am wrote:

It is too bad the Public Mobile won't fix this so that customers don't fall into the trap of intervening and possibly messing up the renewal.  I have an account that is going through the process right now.  I just went into the account, rewards had not been converted, but switching to a different tab and the rewards showed up as account funds.  I suspect shortly after that, the rest of the renewal process will complete.  

I have watched with less intent on other occasions and yes the times can vary slightly. I'm surprised that some people say it took 16 hours to finish. I'm surprised when people report that it said Plan Expired earlier in the day of the last day.

Bandaids and baling twine. I almost think things are being done manually behind the scenes.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It is too bad the Public Mobile won't fix this so that customers don't fall into the trap of intervening and possibly messing up the renewal.  I have an account that is going through the process right now.  I just went into the account, rewards had not been converted, but switching to a different tab and the rewards showed up as account funds.  I suspect shortly after that, the rest of the renewal process will complete.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wholecloud 

Having observed the process on a couple ocassions I have this schedule of events for your reading pleasure. Admittedly I haven't watched throughout the night. But I'm out west so I've seen it up 'til 2-3am ET.

At 8pm ET it'll say Plan Expired in red.
At 00:00 ET it'll say suspended and take any community reward out and reset it and take out and re-apply other rewards. It will also inexplicably change the expiry date to this new day later.
Around 1:45am ET it'll convert those taken rewards into the Current Balance.
The autopay recording in 611 says that at 2am ET it'll renew. The system will take from Available Funds and if not enough there it'll go to autopay for the rest and if that doesn't succeed then it will stay suspended and turn off the service. Until then your service should stay working. Don't worry about all the dire warnings until your service stops working.
Then finally around noon ET if all is good you'll get a text saying all is good.

I let an account suspend for lack of funds and it wasn't until early afternoon when services finally stopped.

@Wholecloud wrote:

I still have service but I went in to look at my account again and it says service suspended. Any thoughts? 

Do nothing....it'll be fine in the morning. Just do nothing.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Wholecloud wrote:

I'm new to PM and I had setup payment by credit card when I signed up 30 days ago.  When I looked at my account just now it says plan expired  does that mean I need to manually pay every 30 days? I'm under the impression that my credit card will be debited every 30 days. Any insight into this issue please?

When you setup credit card to pay your first 30 days fee, it defaulted to enable autopay.

What is the payment due date on your overview page?

Do you see the $2 Autopay reward on the overview page?

If yes, you autopay is enabled.

You don't need to do anything,  PM will take money from your credit card to renew your paln for antoher 30 days.

@WholecloudYup that's normal.. just carry on.. as I say it is one of those "features".

Wholecloud

I still have service but I went in to look at my account again and it says service suspended. Any thoughts? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wholecloud wrote:

No. Step away from the self-serve! 🙂

It will go through all kinds of worrying gyrations through the night.

As long as your service keeps working don't do anything.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@WholecloudThe big question is do you still have service? If you still have service you can safely ignore the message like it tells you.

I suspect the original Public Mobile UI was part of some school project on .Net that got frankensteined into the monster it is today. Don't expect these "features" to be fixed soon.

Need Help? Let's chat.