cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Troubles + Service Disruption

dhritzkiv
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi.

I've been having payment problems with Public Mobile the last few days. Currently my service is not working and I'm having technical difficulties with the payment form. Some backstory:

When I activated my account initially, I set up AutoPay, and expected it to work when it came time to bill me. However, come November 27th (my billing date, I guess), I noticed that my service wasn't working because I had a balance of $6 and change, for some reason. I tried to manually submit a payment, but the message I got was: "Sorry your payment has failed. Your account has not been reactivated. Please try again. Thanks! Your account has been topped up. Your balance is now $0.00." Which is super contradictory. But at least my service was working again.

Immediately after, I decided I would remove my card from AutoPay, and re-add it again. But when I did that, it would fail to verify my card or something like that. No matter, my service was working, so I'll worry about it later.

Fast forward 3 days, to November 30th, at around 7PM, my service stops working, again! I log in to My Account, and see that there's an amount due of $60 (and available funds are $30). I don't know where these numbers came from all of the sudden. Anyway, I'm trying to pay my balance to get my service running, but I'm still having payment problems.

The specific message I'm getting now is: "Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged." even though I've never had issues with my card on any other site (and have been able to use it for online payments since).

Help!

2 REPLIES 2

dhritzkiv
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Luddite.

Thanks for the tips. I have cleared my browser's cache, turned off ad blockers, and have used different browsers. No luck. I also only have one credit card.

I've tried contacting a mod (@Shazia_K) directly, but haven't recieved any response since messaging them on Sunday.

Thanks for pointing me towards the New Bug thread. It seems I'm affected by that.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Try your account again, after clearing your browser's cache and turning off any ad/popup blocker, and using a different credit card, but be sure your name and address are entered exactly as shown on your card. 

If that fails you, as already suggested, are stuck sending a private message to any moderator.

While your service is down you can make phone calls with an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi.

You may have contracted a new bug. Robot Mad

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/NEW-BUG/m-p/111912#M7848

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.