cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Problems ( Autopay)

alyssawong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I didn't know Public will automatic take my payment on Feb 7,2017 but i accidentally paid already. 

How do i make sure public doesnt charge me again on Feb 7 ?

14 REPLIES 14

Fara
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey @Shazia_K

I just changed my visa card, and I can't change it on my public mobile account. Can you help me please?

Fara

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @rroesler

I'm sorry to hear about your experience 😞 

Can you please send me a private message with your Public Mobile phone number in question? I will be glad to look into this and see what's going on. 

Thanks,

Shazia 

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

rroesler
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Do not TRUST auto pay

I have (had) 5 accounts on auto pay. 

One of the accounts got a text message that it was successfully auto-payed, but there was no credit card charge.

One two of the other accounts (to be paid two days later), when I tried to top up the account, I got messages that the credit card transaction could not be completed. 

There is sometype of HUGE limitation in the system that multiple accounts on the same credit card does not work. 

When it comes to money, public mobile needs to be watched carefully !   Personal experience.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Here is how to send a moderator a private message. @caroldawkins

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

caroldawkins
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Mary

My account is still inactive.  Where do I find private message to sent you my number or what email address do I send it to.

Carol 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good afternoon @caroldawkins

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Sorry to hear that your plan has been suspended 😕 Can you please log into your self-serve and verify if it's still the case, or if the payment processed finally?

Please don't hesitate to send me your number via private message, I could definitely look into it if needed.

Best regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

caroldawkins
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am on autopay and have not service for the past two days.  God a text that I do not have an active plan.  

Try to pay from my account but was unsuccessful.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@alyssawong log into your self-serve account and check the "available fund" showing.  If it's enough to pay for your renewal, no further $ will be charged during your renewal evening.  If it's short by $x, then $x (+tax) will be charged to your credit card during the renewal.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@will13am wrote:

Thank you.  Auto pay is designed exactly to help customers with timely payment AND with no inconvenience to anyone.  The system does work.  I strongly encourage everyone to use it the way it was intended to be used.

A part of that might just be confusion in terms of how the system works. Perhaps some customers think that they need funds available in their account beforehand to allow for the system to automatically process those funds. But then that defeats the whole purpose of inputing a debit or credit card in the first place.

@Watoko wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Folks, I am going to go off topic here.  I cannot emphasize enough if your account is on auto pay, give the system a chance to complete the payment automatically.  The best way to do that is not to peep into the account in the days leading up to payment time.  While there may be the odd bug in some accounts, most of the threads about payment issues appear to stem from interfering with the auto pay system.

Great advice! I guess most people just want to pay their bills on time!

Thank you.  Auto pay is designed exactly to help customers with timely payment AND with no inconvenience to anyone.  The system does work.  I strongly encourage everyone to use it the way it was intended to be used.

Watoko

@will13am wrote:

Folks, I am going to go off topic here.  I cannot emphasize enough if your account is on auto pay, give the system a chance to complete the payment automatically.  The best way to do that is not to peep into the account in the days leading up to payment time.  While there may be the odd bug in some accounts, most of the threads about payment issues appear to stem from interfering with the auto pay system.

Great advice! I guess most people just want to pay their bills on time!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Did you start a new plan or just make a payment?  When you log into selfserve is the money you paid sitting in available funds or has it been applied to a new plan.  If it still says your payment in on the 7th I would think that your money is in available funds and if you have enough in there including tax they will apply all rewards first and thn take money from available funds then anything that is still outstanding would be charged to a CC on record

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Watoko

If you just made the payment and that is sufficient to cover the cost of the plan, you should see the amount hanging out in the Available Funds section of your account. On Feb 7, the system will take this amount, and if there is enough funds you shouldn't be charged again.

Need Help? Let's chat.