cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pausing Plan after current period

sunnytang
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I'm looking to pause my plan after the current period for approximately four months.

Is there a way to do so without losing my phone number and current plan?

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

how is it sad ... you can save 89 days worth of bills... activate it before 89 days, only deal with 1 month of not used and when back you get 2 months with extra data to use...

Pretty good imo. 

Extended-Absence

sunnytang
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

yeah im on the $40 plan for 4gb data. 😞 sad

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

keeping the number is not difficult, keeping the plan is the hard part.

Using the 10 day plan will remove the current plan.  The longest pause the original poster can expect is 89 days, and having to reactivate by payment for the final month early, to keep the plan.

UNLESS... they are not on a now expired / grandfathered plan, like the fall promo or the legacy plans.

If the current plan is currently available, there's a good chance it will still be offered when the OP returns in 4 months.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Well pausing for 3 months out of 4 ain't bad.  Isn't there a tune that goes something like this?

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MoreYummy

Ah, yes, good point.  I missed that.  Was thinking more of the number.

@SD08We posted at the same time. 🙂

He wants to keep the current plan, so use 10 days plan wont work in this situation.

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

@sunnytangUnfortunately there is no pausing function in public mobile.  The best way to do it in your situation is to let the plan expires, turn off auto pay.  Your plan and number will be keep up to 90 days.   After 90 days, they are all gone.  So this way you can save some weeks, depending on your date of renewal of your plan.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sunnytang

You can pause your plan by turning off autopay.  However, you'll only have 89 days after the expiry of your current plan to reactivate it or you'll lose your plan and number.  You can reset this time by activating a cheap 10 day plan ($11 texting) close to the end of 89 days. Edit: strike that about the resetting.  Cat Embarassed

Need Help? Let's chat.