cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pause Plan

isabellayan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can someone tell me how I can pause my plan without losing my current number? Also, how do I activate again when I want to start using my plan again. Thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6

@mimaamin28 wrote:

I understand that to pause a plan, I just need to remove my autopay, and no need to pay until I reactivate back my account (should be done within 90 days to keep my number).

However, does this means I still need to pay my outstanding balance for whatever period I paused my account (say 2 months) to reactivate my account? If that so, what is the point of pausing my account? Am I getting this right?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you

No you do not have to pay for the time your plan is suspended. When you do decide to renew your plan pay on the 85th day to give yourself some wiggle room in case there are problems with your payment. You can also put it on lost/stolen mode too for that time.

Missed Payments

If you miss a payment due date, your account will be put into a suspended state, meaning you will be unable to use your phone services. You will have up to 90 days to make a payment, and after doing so your payment cycle with restart and your service will resume. After 90 days, suspended accounts are permanently deactivated, which means you will:

• Lose access to your phone number, and won’t be able to transfer it to a new provider in the future.
  • Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.

mimaamin28
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I understand that to pause a plan, I just need to remove my autopay, and no need to pay until I reactivate back my account (should be done within 90 days to keep my number).

However, does this means I still need to pay my outstanding balance for whatever period I paused my account (say 2 months) to reactivate my account? If that so, what is the point of pausing my account? Am I getting this right?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@isabellayan  How long do you want to pause your plan? 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

If you're on auto-pay remove your credit card.

Screenshot_20200124_073012.jpg

From there just don't pay your bill. Your account will go to Suspended status.

At 90days Account will be deleted and loss of phone number 

So set a reminder to go back to your account in around 85 days. Make a payment to reactivate your account.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@isabellayan , the way to pause your account is to simply remove auto payment and let the account go into suspension.  Prior to the account reaching 90 days of suspension, you would have to make a payment and return the account to active status otherwise the account will be deactivated.  

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@isabellayan As long as you make payment for a plan within 89 days after the last day of the cycle you paid up to. If you don't activate your plan within 90 days, you will lose your phone number.

Need Help? Let's chat.