cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password

Melissamuiser
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It's been over a month with this password change glitch on self serve that has not been changed. I can't log in, I keep running out of data. Everytime my password change is sent it just times out. This is painful. I have trying to be patient, but I work in service base bussiness and having no data is not a option. I can't even log in to cancel my plan. I am done. The customer service is not like it was. I just get robot responses, takes forever to responses. I don't understand why this can't be fixed and I get a new password change when it's requested. 

17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous sounds like you might want to consider a password manager.  I'm a big fan of LastPass and have been using them for several years now, but I know 1Password is also very popular, especially among the Mac/iPhone folks.  

Nope. Not interested. I prefer to keep my passwords to myself...not some external service or even browsers. Yup I might forget little-used ones on occassion but I can live with that.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@daredogg the free version is actually really feature-rich.  I can't remember exactly why I'm still paying for the premium actually.  I'm actually toying with the idea of going to the family plan so I can get a few family members on board and used shared passwords with them and such.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous sounds like you might want to consider a password manager.  I'm a big fan of LastPass and have been using them for several years now, but I know 1Password is also very popular, especially among the Mac/iPhone folks.  

I also use LP @srlawren. I'm dependent on it now... Robot Very Happy  I didn't bother renewing it last time, so I got downgraded to the free version, but I haven't noticed anything different. Still works...

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Melissamuiser Hopefully you've figured out how to respond to the moderators. They can't help you until you authenticate your identity. Maybe you didn't realize you were getting private messages, but it's the BIG envelope top right side... can't miss it especially when a red dot lights up when you have a new message!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Melissamuiser wrote:

Here's the thing if I was using my data to play games and doing **bleep** all then fine. But this affecting my job, I am getting flack from work and I am trying to explain to people that I can't just call in and fix the problem. I have to drive to WiFi to even contact someone. So yes I know people have had biggier issues and so have I in the past. But I have never been trying to work something this simple for over a month. There is a reason I can't log in and starting with a password change I thought was a simple solution without taking time out from moderators. So yes I am done when I sassy comments about remembering my password if it was that easy I wouldnt be at this point. 

Well ok sure apologies for the sassy but really...how many different places do we all log in to do things? Amazon, Paypal, bank, email, Facebook, Twitter, devices etc. Unless you're the type that doesn't mind saving passwords and not bothering with them thereafter but don't come screaming when your account wherever has been hacked. Do those people that request a password also go resetting their password every time they want to log in at every other site? Sure yeah the automated thing doesn't work on this site and I'm with you on that but come on.

For me...if I haven't been to a site for quite some time then maybe I might not remember whatever password I might have made.

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I really try to not post anything negative (I want to be helpful 🙂 ) but I do have to add my voice to the others that this password reset problem has been around way too long.

@CS_Agent, is there anything definite being said that this will be fixed anytime soon?

@CS_Agent, thanks for the update!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@ShawnC13

Thank you for your concerns however, we have been answering to this customer requesting his account information and we are still to receive it; at least the phone#.  We will be glad to assist but we need to access the account. 

@Melissamuiser

Can you please answer back to the private messages we've been sending you with the necessary information so we may assist you with this issue? Thanks a lot for your cooperation! 

Melissamuiser

Here's the thing if I was using my data to play games and doing **bleep** all then fine. But this affecting my job, I am getting flack from work and I am trying to explain to people that I can't just call in and fix the problem. I have to drive to WiFi to even contact someone. So yes I know people have had biggier issues and so have I in the past. But I have never been trying to work something this simple for over a month. There is a reason I can't log in and starting with a password change I thought was a simple solution without taking time out from moderators. So yes I am done when I sassy comments about remembering my password if it was that easy I wouldnt be at this point. 

Melissamuiser

@Melissamuiser wrote:

I have contacted them over 5 times takes days to get back to me. Then my reset is sent in the middle of the night and then it times out. I know my password but it won't log in. That's why I wanted to change it so it would log in.  Believe me I have been working on this for over a month. 

@Shazia_K, or @Mary_M. Can you look into this for this member they seem to be going in circles with previous help from mods

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is why I don't understand why it's not a top priority to fix this. It's a CONSTANT complaint. It must be taking all kinds of time every day for the mods to answer these password requests taking them away from real money issues from customers. Or that's their real priority 🙂 But fix it already. I've seen many of these posts saying they're done...just because of the password thing and then the delays in getting it mod-ed...and then the negative feelings.

Melissamuiser

I have contacted them over 5 times takes days to get back to me. Then my reset is sent in the middle of the night and then it times out. I know my password but it won't log in. That's why I wanted to change it so it would log in.  Believe me I have been working on this for over a month. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13: The OP has been here longer than you!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Melissamuiser wrote:

It's been over a month with this password change glitch on self serve that has not been changed. I can't log in, I keep running out of data. Everytime my password change is sent it just times out. This is painful. I have trying to be patient, but I work in service base bussiness and having no data is not a option. I can't even log in to cancel my plan. I am done. The customer service is not like it was. I just get robot responses, takes forever to responses. I don't understand why this can't be fixed and I get a new password change when it's requested. 

Yes, the password reset function has not been working for well as long as I have been here.  Have you contacted the Moderators to reset it for you?  If not you will need to send them a private message.  A link to do that is in my signature.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Melissamuiser wrote:

I agree that a basic foundational function such as this should not be disfunctional. But if you've been here for over a month then you would know that sending a PM to the moderator team is the solution.

Either that or...umm...remember your password.

Need Help? Let's chat.