cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password reset and/or Public Mobile account number

forgot_password
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, posting on behalf of my grandparents.

They forgot their password and PIN (registered years ago), and the password reset is broken on Public Mobile's side.

They're being strong-armed by the price increase into switching to Koodo, but Koodo's representatives are unable to reach Public Mobile to obtain their account number.

We need to either reset their password or obtain their account number through @CS_Agent.

Thanks,

forgot_password

5 REPLIES 5

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Just remember to do your research befire changing. Lucky mobile and chatr do have similar pricepoints for talk and text plans but they are zoned so you would need to take that into account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@forgot_password, if their plans are from before Jan 27, 2015, then they are legacy plans.

forgot_password
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm not sure if they're legacy clients or not, but having an in-person kiosk like Koodo offers makes life easier for them.

As for myself (was legacy client), I would have liked to stay with Public Mobile but I wasn't even told that I could stay if I dropped the call center service which I never used anyway. I would have definitely stayed was this properly communicated to me.

At least I got an equivalent offer from Koodo, if you don't consider all the time and energy wasted on these inane shenanigans.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@forgot_password .What plan are they on? If they are legasy clients(have call center)  then they could simply get to a current in market plan by losing the call center.

What plan are they looking for?

If it's the fall promo the increase has been cancelled.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @forgot_password, You might get a quicker response by sending a private message to the moderators team.  Tagging them here in a post could delay things for you.

Click here to send them a private message.
You can find information regarding the moderators team by following this link.

BTW, your grandparents are in no way obliged to switch to Koodo.  They shouldn't feel forced to switch.  They should only do it if it makes sense for them.

Need Help? Let's chat.