cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parking my number using NumberBarn

fjiang
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I no longer need a plan but would still like to keep my number. To that end, I've been trying to transfer my current Public Mobile number to the number-parking service NumberBarn. However, I'm unable to complete the transfer because Public Mobile rejects the transfer request for having an incorrect Public Mobile account number. This is in spite of me copying the account number from Public Mobile's "Overview" page with the account number dropdown in the top right corner. How could the account number possibly be wrong if I copied it from there?

Thanks!

20 REPLIES 20

Voip.ms = $1 a month. 

And some useful wifi calling options. 

And use a (my) referral code and get a $10 credit. 

@fjiang 

Sometimes some things are not meant to be.....for some reason number barn wasn't meant for your number. Self suspending via lost/stolen before midnight eastern on your renewal night will keep your voicemail active. Pay and reactivate your plan by day 88/89 and ask for your rewards to be applied manually by a CSA and you keep your phone number with pm for about 355 days for $39 or less.

fjiang

Hi all, I have decided not to park my number, but it turns out I had the wrong address filled in for the parking request. Thanks everyone for being so helpful!

how long you are going to stay with NumberBarn?  Fongo will do it for a one time fee $25 to port in.  Stay with them for 3 month+ and it will be free to port the number out.

Yes good point. I have an account with some $ in it with a DID and will use it to do local calls when I come close to using up my 100 minutes. 

fjiang

I haven't tried providing my IMEI or PIN so I can give that a shot. Currently waiting on a reply for my private message to moderator.

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

You can port your number to voip.ms free and the monthly DID cost is 89 cents USD a month. Can you do better at NumberBarn?

As I mentioned in my previous post, even though voip.ms monthly recurring charge is lower, it has a 1st time $15 minimum pre-pay requirement, while numberbarn is $2/mo straight...

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

You can port your number to voip.ms free and the monthly DID cost is 89 cents USD a month. Can you do better at NumberBarn?

@fjiang 

Have you tried making the request using your phones IMEI# or your pm 4 digit account pin #?

@fjiang wrote:

Yes I made another request after reactivating my account. The transfer rejection is still because of my "incorrect account number." I checked my full name, phone number, and account number and all three are correct.

Not sure what's going on here.

Hmm... Well, I guess it can't hurt to open a ticket with PM customer service to have them confirm what THEY see as the name and account number on your account before trying again...

Another option is trying to port to another service like voip.ms -- 85c/mo + incremental usage, but $15 USD minimum prepay, so maybe not so great to pre-pay when you aren't sure if it will be successful...)

fjiang

Yes I made another request after reactivating my account. The transfer rejection is still because of my "incorrect account number." I checked my full name, phone number, and account number and all three are correct.

Not sure what's going on here.

@fjiang 

Could your name be spelled incorrectly when Number Barn is making the request? There are only 3 main pieces of information when making the request:

1. Your full name on your account.
  2. The phone number.
  3. Your account number.

If the latter two are correct then....?

@fjiang  how long you reactivated the line?

did NumberBarn tell you what reason PM gave for the declining of the porting?

@fjiang wrote:

I reactivated my account by purchasing another month of service, but the transfer is still being declined by Public Mobile. What could be the issue here?

Did you have the new carrier make another request?  When number porting is rejected, an automated reason is provided to the new carrier.  Contact the new carier to find out what that reason is and make any needed corrections to the request.  Usually, it's a matter of there being an incorrect account number although I know that you've stated that you've already double checked that.

fjiang

Hi,

I reactivated my account by purchasing another month of service, but the transfer is still being declined by Public Mobile. What could be the issue here?

Thanks

fjiang

$2 a month. You can receive texts and calls but not make them

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@fjiang 

How long do you not need a service plan for? Do you have any significant rewards on your account? You can keep your account and phone number with pm for about $39 per year ( 355 days).

Options for your account and service....

1. You can turn off autopay and allow the account to suspend at the of your current 30 day cycle but this is your least advantageous option. Pay and reactivate by day 85 or so.
  2. If you have an account balance that exceeds your plan amount then you need to suspend via the lost/stolen feature in your account before midnight eastern on the evening of your renewal. Then on day 85 or so resume your service to pay and reactivate.
  3. Suspending via lost/stolen before midnight eastern will keep your voicemail active allowing you retrieve voicemail and any verification sent by phone calls. However your rewards will not be applied to your account. Moderator contact after paying and reactivating is necessary to have the rewards applied manually.
  4. Voicemail can be accessed by calling your pm number from a different phone by calling your phone # and pressing * once connected and entering your 4 digit voicemail pin #.
  5. If you don't have an account balance or enough balance to cover your plan amount you can suspend via lost/stolen after midnight but before 2 am eastern on the day of your renewal. Once your rewards have been applied (usually by 12:15 am et) then suspend your account. Voicemail access will be lost.
  6. Switching to the $15 plan with rewards helping to cover a partial or full amount of your plan allows you to call forward your pm number to your fongo number. Be sure to perform all call forwarding while in Canada. Now any incoming calling to your pm number will ring thru to your fongo number while on wifi or mobile data (w/a local or global sim card) You can access your fongo voicemail for all voicemail messages.

Most important mark on your calendar day 85 of your suspension and day 90. Do not forget when you must unsuspend your account via lost/stolen and/or pay and reactivate your service so you don't lose your phone number and account. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@fjiang   yes, the account number is there on the top of your Overview Tab.

you want to try to port the number again and see if the same error occurs?

Curious, how much to park the number to NumberBarn?  Can you still use the number while the number in NumberBarn?  Just wondering what is the advantage and price difference over porting into Fongo.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@fjiang 

Did you copy and paste the account number?  Try to manually enter your number and double check. 

Your PM plans needs to be active when you port.  Also, you may receive a confirmation text from Public mobile to confirm your port request.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@fjiang...your PM account has to be Active. Make sure it's still an active account.

Need Help? Let's chat.