cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“PUK locked”

Jamal24
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just locked myself out, need help to unlock it ASAP!! 

11 REPLIES 11

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here is an explanation by one of the Orcales, Luddite.

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." is asking for the phone’s (often Samsung) “master code" after entering the wrong code too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN" is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

“PIN unlock key (PUK)” is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card. 

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card. 

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.

• Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

• Only Public Mobile's moderators can give you this type of code, which the device manufacturer cannot. Public Mobile's moderators can be contacted by submitting a ticket at: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

• Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

Eric11

Was it because you were switching providers with the same phone or have you been with PM for some time? 

Jamal24

“PUK locked network sim1 is disabled” never happened to me before 

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jamal24 wrote:

Just locked myself out, need help to unlock it ASAP!! 

@Jamal24 hi ok first slow down and take a deep breath lol what kind of message did you get on your phone?

@Jamal24 wrote:

My one and only carrier was Telus mobile  though with this one sin card

Well, if you want Public Mobile service you need a Public Mobile sim card to start your account

Jamal24

My one and only carrier was Telus mobile  though with this one sin card

Top of this page, click Get Help / Chat with Simon.

The little envelope icon (top right side of page) will be highlighted when they respond.

@Jamal24 wrote:

Need help unlocking my sim, locked my own self out now I feel😔.

@Jamal24 hi it sounds like you need your phone unlocked,contact your previous provider for unlock code 

Puk code only moderators can give you that.

Simon.JPG

Or private message at link below

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Jamal24

Need help unlocking my sim, locked my own self out now I feel😔.

Need Help? Let's chat.