Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUK code

TWolfe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need a PUK code

11 REPLIES 11

there are couple different messages for PUK or unlock code, what exact message showing on your phone?

if it is :  “PIN unlock key (PUK)” 

it is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorized use of a SIM card. 

PM moderators can give you this type of code, you can open a ticket via private message:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

KloKni135

Hi,  

I'm unable to get my puk code how do you get the code.

@pmsim wrote:

Need PUK #.  I feel like it shouldn't be this hard. Any productive assistance is appreciated.  Thank you

The first thing that you'll need to do is determine which type of code that you need.  Many people ask for the PUK code, but what they actually need a code to unlock the device to use on other carriers. What's the exact message that your device is displaying?

pmsim

Need PUK #.  I feel like it shouldn't be this hard. Any productive assistance is appreciated.  Thank you

@Triguy wrote:

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card.

According to CRTC recommendations - yes.

In the real world - no.

I've argued for years that it should be displayed somewhere on Self-Serve. The way it used to be displayed on paper contracts years ago. But Public Mobile has proven reluctant to hand out PUKs the easy way. If they repeat the usual Telus claim that it's to help protect user security then I submit that it's obviously a useless security feature which seems to do nothing vs SIM frauds/swaps/hacks/etc.

@TWolfe 

From @Luddite regarding a sim lock....

The phone owner triggers a SIM lock, never PM.

b) Only the access to the SIM is locked.

c) Swapping out the locked SIM with a new PM SIM will reactivate the device, as soon as the Change SIM function in an account has been completed.

@TWolfe 

Please note since this post sim changes now require moderator assistance.

TWolfe

Sim lock and wrong code to many times

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@TWolfe 

Click little white bubble lower right of screen and type only:

"need PUK"

Based on the results provided, follow the precise indications and follow through that process to the result which is needed to assist you.  The program will likely initiate a ticket to a Public Mobile moderator to respond with details.

Anonymous
Not applicable

lol 🙂

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here is an explanation by one if the Oracles, Luddite.

SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." is asking for the phone’s (often Samsung) “master code" after entering the wrong code too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN" is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

“PIN unlock key (PUK)” is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card. 

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card. 

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.

• Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

• Only Public Mobile's moderators can give you this type of code, which the device manufacturer cannot. Public Mobile's moderators can be contacted at the following address: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

• Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@TWolfe  What happened to trigger the need for PUK?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.