Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUK Code

jmrookosz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to connect with a moderator to get a PUK to unlock my sim card

6 REPLIES 6

@eblundell wrote:

@Anonymous does public mobile help with unlock codes or do you need to contactsamsungg? my old provider is refusing to give me the unlock code even though my phone was paid out and contract over when i switched to public mobile.

It is illegal for them to refuse you an unlock code if you have paid for the phone and your account is in good standing. 

If everything is good, get the reps name and tell them you will report them to CCTS if they don't give the code. If you are not all paid up then they are allowed to refuse the code.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

@jmrookosz wrote:

@jmrookosz, I have movwd your question tonit's own thread under tbe Duscussion category as you had poatwd insidena thread about a different tiopic.  I hope that you're able to get your code.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@eblundell wrote:

@Anonymous does public mobile help with unlock codes or do you need to contact samsung? my old provider is refusing to give me the unlock code even though my phone was paid out and contract over when i switched to public mobile.

There are different codes. That's why I hedged with "maybe".

Public Mobile can't help you with unlocking a phone from elsewhere.

Canadian providers with Canadian market phones are required by law to provide you the unlock code.

Samsung have a nice service to give owners of their phones an unlock code. I wish all manufacturers did that.

eblundell
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Anonymous does public mobile help with unlock codes or do you need to contact samsung? my old provider is refusing to give me the unlock code even though my phone was paid out and contract over when i switched to public mobile.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jmrookosz wrote:

Maybe it's actually a still-locked phone. If it's a Samsung then they're very good with supplying unlock codes. Otherwise you have to go to your previous provider. If it's a Canadian phone from a Canadian provider then they *have* to provide it and at no charge.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Not here.. @jmrookosz but here...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

you will need to write a private message to them...give them your information...

Need Help? Let's chat.