cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUK Code needed ASAP please.

RR99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Need PUK code please - Phone is locked

I apologize as I am new to this forum so still trying to figure it out.

I sent a private message to @Shazia_K yesterday and @Mary_M today, but I just read I need to post first to public community first, so I am trying that.

I have locked my phone and cannot get in until I enter the correct PUK for my SIM. I have the original sim card that came in the mail but cannot tell if there is a PUK number on the card or if the moderators need to provide to me.

I activated my phone and SIM card more than 24 hours ago
and I did receive an error message on my phone telling me to enter PUK and I have 10 tries. I don't know where to get the PUK.

Thank you in advance!

53 REPLIES 53

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Unfortunately I believe you’ll have to ask a moderator for that information. 

@jim wrote:

I need a puk number locked my phone and cant open it

jim
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need a puk number locked my phone and cant open it

Jordan12

Hi I'm havering trouble I need the puk code for my sim please help!?!

manickamashok

89122*******************

Hello @manickamashok

I'm sorry to hear about this, 

Can you please send me a private message with your SIM card number? I will be glad to provide you with the PUK codes. 

Thanks, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

manickamashok

Can you help  me to get the PUK code

I don't have publc mobile contact no too..

its irritating service from PUBLIC MOBILE.. Waste of time

RR99

Hopefully it can help others if I explain the process for this issue...and for me to remember in case I need anything else again. I said it was solved but then did not really say how.

I believe for most issues you should come to public community and see if you can find the answer to the issue you are having with phone, plan etc. Someone probably has had the same issue at one point. Thanks for the help @Rockdaddy22 and @hummuschips

If you cannot find an answer to your questions, post a message to the community and make sure to tag a moderator in it if you have not found an answer. @Shazia_K was a great help to me. Don't put any private info like account information or phone number.

Issue was - My phone and SIM card had been active for more than 24 hours and I did receive an error message on my phone telling me to enter PUK and I have 10 attempts. I didn't know where to get the PUK. I could not really find anything that said how to get it. I was not sure if it was on my sim card. I looked through the community and thought I would need to contact a moderator based on what I read. I posted on community and tried the contact form that @hummuschipsprovided.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/What-is-PUK-code-Where-do-I-get-the-PU...

After I tagged Shazia in my community post, I was contacted via PM. I was given a couple PUK codes to try from Shazia_K. When I entered them they asked for a PIN number. I did not know what the PIN number was so I thought maybe it was my screen lock PIN. That did not work. I tried my SIM PIN (I thought it was at least) and that did not work either. I had to get a PIN from @Shazia_K The PIN did not work with one of the PUK codes, so I thought it was not working. I decided to try the other PUK and it worked with the PIN that @Shazia_K gave me. I am not sure if this was just me or if you are supposed to get a PIN number. I would assume the PIN is your SIM pin but not sure - maybe someone else could answer to that.

So if you are getting a PUK code it doesn't hurt to ask so you don't do what I did. You only have 10 attempts and you don't want to use them up. Or if you have issues with the PIN, ask so you don't waste your attempts and have to get new SIM card.

Sorry for the long response, but if it can help someone like me it is worth it.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@RR99,  Glad! 😉

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
Awesome 🙂

RR99

@Shazia_K The PIN worked with the other PUK. Thanks! 

RR99

@Shazia_K I tried what you suggested and it did not work. I sent you the details in PM.

RR99

@Shazia_K I sent another PM.. Thanks. 

RR99

sorry @Shazia_K It was orginally a koodo phone but I switched over a while ago and it was working before. thanks.

Rockdaddy22
Strange

RR99

It was orginally a koodo phone but I switched over a while ago and it was working before. thanks.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @RR99

If the PUK codes are not working then can you confirm if you are using an unlocked phone?

RR99

Hi @Shazia_K

Thanks but it is not working. I sent you a private message.

Rockdaddy22
Awesome, thanks Shaz 🙂

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @RR99

Please check you PMs, I have sent you the PUK codes for sim card ending with 3067. 

Try both of them one should be working.

Thanks, 

Shazia

RR99

Thankyou I will try that!

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

They should get back to you today hopefully.  Have you also filled out the contact form?  It seems like you might have already read the below thread.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/What-is-PUK-code-Where-do-I-get-the-PU...

RR99

Thanks! I hope so.

Rockdaddy22
I'm sure @Shazia_K should be able to help you with that.
Need Help? Let's chat.