cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUK Code needed ASAP please.

RR99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Need PUK code please - Phone is locked

I apologize as I am new to this forum so still trying to figure it out.

I sent a private message to @Shazia_K yesterday and @Mary_M today, but I just read I need to post first to public community first, so I am trying that.

I have locked my phone and cannot get in until I enter the correct PUK for my SIM. I have the original sim card that came in the mail but cannot tell if there is a PUK number on the card or if the moderators need to provide to me.

I activated my phone and SIM card more than 24 hours ago
and I did receive an error message on my phone telling me to enter PUK and I have 10 tries. I don't know where to get the PUK.

Thank you in advance!

53 REPLIES 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ianhall66 wrote:

Thank you, I have e mailed moderators and am waiting for reply.

Depending on your notification settings, you would get an email notifying you of this reply. Don't reply to the email. Get back here and see a red blob over the little envelope in the upper right of this window and click on it to see the message. Then click on the subject line to see the whole message.

Ianhall66
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you, I have e mailed moderators and am waiting for reply.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ianhall66 wrote:

I am new to cell phones and accidentally locked my sim and need a PUK code to unlock it. How do I contact a moderator???

Thanks, Ian

@Moderator_Team < Click this.

Ianhall66

I am new to cell phones and accidentally locked my sim and need a PUK code to unlock it. How do I contact a moderator???

Thanks, Ian

mjharris

I don’t know where to find my puk number my email address ismjharris402@gmail.com 

mjharris

I don’t know where to find my puk number 

Amyreid

Where do I get this Num 

Cpark81

Thanks so much. I hope they can fix it. If I will buy one. Might do it anyway. Lol 

@Cpark81

I am not an expert on the PUK codes, but the article does say unuseable after 10 tries.  You can either wait for moderator response to see what they have to say.....  or buy another SIM.....

Cpark81

I did put my number incorrect 10 times!! So I will have to get a new card?? Please don't tell me that?! 😭😭

Cpark81

Cappaj

i did call my other other provider at bell and they unlocked my imei for me. Jen I inserted my new sim into my phone and it worked. Last night I went into my setting on MTV phone, then click on the phone icon and when I scrolled to the bottom, there was another incon that said "SIM PIN". When you click on that it give you so many tries for you to enter your number. I put it in wrong on those tried and it locked my sim. 

So when that happen in the top left hand corner of my phone it's says " locked sim" with my wifi icon beside it. When I took my sim chip out and inserted it back in it came up on what I posted before to you. 

@Cpark81

You are asking for the right code, but the moderators are the only ones who can give you the code.  Likely 2-3 day wait times for moderators to respond though, unfortunatley.....

Here is the article on whaat PUK codes are:

PIN unlock key (PUK) is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card. 

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card.

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.
  • Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly up to ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Cpark81 wrote:

It is saying,

PUK LOCKED 

your SIM cannot be accessed. Please call your carrier to obtain you PUK code. 

That is what its saying 

I don't know for sure what that means, sorry. But if you haven't already, send a private message through this forum to Moderator_Team - include your name, account number, phone number, and PIN - as well as the message above and your phone model just to cover your bases.

IF it turns out that the codes that the mods give you don't work - it's possible what it's actually asking for is the "unlock code" from your previous carrier, which you should be able to get from them without problem, you just contact them and they ask for your IMEI and then give you the unlock code easy-peasy.

Cpark81

It is saying,

PUK LOCKED 

your SIM cannot be accessed. Please call your carrier to obtain you PUK code. 

That is what its saying 

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Cpark81 wrote:

I need a puk code please. My phone has locked sim on it. I am new to this. Thanks

What is the exact message your phone is giving you? Can you type it here, word for word? Sometimes when a phone asks for "PUK" or "unlock" etc. - there's different things it can mean and it's easy to get frustrated real quick when you're not given the wrong thing. As many details as possible from you will help!

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Some great advice here 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cpark81 wrote:

By Pin, do you mean you SIM card number that is provided to us? 

Thank you abTest. These beginning problems I'm a little uncertain of. I'll back out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cpark81, The PIN# mentioned (when contacting the moderators) is your account PIN.  Would have been set up when you first created the account.  If you don't have it, the moderators will ask some other questions to confirm your identity.  Check the second link below for information about that.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

EDIT:  Fixed info link.

Cpark81

By Pin, do you mean you SIM card number that is provided to us? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cpark81 wrote:

Ohh great!! 😒

The account/money support here is way delayed to the point of ridiculous. The only way to get that support is to send the support people a private message as outlined in the post above your first one. Unfortunately you've started out on a negative footing. Not everyone does. We only see the complaints here of course and the odd positive note.

This forum thingy is where other customers can share their knowledge and help people with issues. Like me with you right now 🙂 Anybody else can pipe in with whatever they wish to say too.

Once you get going though it's all good.

Cpark81

Ohh great!! 😒

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cpark81 wrote:

No I did not see anything posted above me. Sorry I am just new to this today and once getting pretty frustrated with it 

Yeah we know. Wait 'til you pull all your hair out waiting several days for the mods to finally get back to you.

Once you're all settled in and working then it's all clear sailing.

Cpark81

No I did not see anything posted above me. Sorry I am just new to this today and once getting pretty frustrated with it 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cpark81 wrote:

I need a puk code please. My phone has locked sim on it. I am new to this. Thanks

Welcome.

Being a hands-on self-serve kinda place y'gotta kinda look things up for yourself. Did you read the post immediately above yours?

But we're all here to help nonetheless.

Cpark81

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jaxinville wrote:

I need a puk number to please

You need to send a private message to moderator team to get the PUK code.

Please include your phone# and PIN# in the private message.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Jaxinville

I need a puk number to please

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello laflix, 

Thank you for reaching out to us.  For assistance with the PUK code, can you please send us a private message along with your phone# and PIN#? For future reference,  please note that this is a public forum and you should never provide your personal information here.  You will notice that we removed it for security purposes. 

Thank you! 

laflix

HI PLEASE HELP I NEED PUK CODE TO UNLOCK SIM CARD phone number 4xxxxxxxxx email nicxxxxxx@yahoo.com. THank you

Need Help? Let's chat.