cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROBLEM ACTIVATING SIM

sheralake
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to activate my SIM. I have chosen a plan and try to submit payment, and keep getting the following error message:

Sorry, we are unable to verify your card at this time. Please ensure your card details are entered correctly and try again. If you continue to experience problems, contact your card provider for more information.

I have contacted my credit card company, who assure me there is no problem on their end and they have not received a request for the amount in question from anyone.

Please let me know how to proceed.  I will be uncontactable now until this evening, after 8 pm.  I look forward to hearing from you.

11 REPLIES 11

sweden06
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@fsshzh wrote:

can i send my sim card number to you? would you help me check it if active? thanks

Don't share your SIM number with anyone. It's for your own security and data protection. 

I suggest that you reach out to a Moderator (use the question mark in the bottom right corner)

fsshzh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

can i send my sim card number to you? would you help me check it if active? thanks

@fsshzh Is your phone working properly? Can you make/receive/ send calls/texts? Then your SIM is active and working properly .

@fsshzh wrote:

how to know if my sim card is active? thanks

sweden06
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@fsshzh wrote:

Usually you get a text message from Public Mobile. 

Also you should see the network "Public Mobile" and have reception. Another way is to sign into MyAccount and check whether your sim is active.

fsshzh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Thank you @srlawren @sheralake Smiley HappySmiley Very Happy

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sheralake I'm glad @Shazia_K was able to resolve this for you.  Shazia rocks!  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

sheralake

Yes, I have checked and actioned.  This is all working now.

Thank you again for your excellent customer service.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@sheralake

I'm sorry for the late reply, 

Can you please view your private messages?

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

sheralake

Thanks.  I sent you a private message, as requested.  I'm also now considering waiting 3-4 weeks to start my plan.  I will be in Australia for 2-3 weeks in the next month, so it makes sense to wait.  Based on my nephews' experiences with you, I had thought I'd receive the SIM in less than the advertised 5 days and be able to set it up quickly, but really it's been a week and a half since I submitted the original order and still not set up.  This is ok, but doesn't really make sense to set it up for a week and then be overseas for 2-3 weeks. 

Regardless, I'd like to resolve the address issue so that I can return and activate service on day 1 (and also receive the courier fee refund).

Sherri

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @sheralake

Welcome to Public Mobile, 

I'm sorry for the activation issues, 

Is it possible to send me a private message with your SIM card number? I will finalize the activation process for you.

Please remember when using a credit card, the credit card information must exactly match to the one you have entered in the activation process, the billing address must match to the address on file. 

Thanks, 

Shazia

Need Help? Let's chat.