cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM survey very silly

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Myself and family have been  with PM for quite a long time and in general all was going pretty well. However lately myself and other family members are being annoyed with constant texts and emails asking us to participate in PM surveys . Today I finally caved in just to stop these annoying texts and emails and did complete the most repetitive frustrating - may I say stupid—survey. In order to complete this survey I was forced to check boxes that don’t apply to me such as how was my chat experience even though I never went on chat. Just to be nice I checked all boxes excellent. NOW WHY YOU MAY ASK AM I BOTHERING TO VENT AND WASTE YOUR TIME?  Because I just got another text asking me to take this stupid survey!!!!

Reminder: Share your Public Mobile feedback and help us serve you better

19 REPLIES 19

@BEER 

I find these surveys come in spurts with multiple requests to complete the same survey. I've recieved both text surveys to rate my customer support experience (after replying each time that I absolutely  despise Simon they stopped after about 5 or 6 of them.) The pop up survey on the website was exceptionally annoying popping up everytime i would visit the community and taking you directly to the survey after clicking to complete it later. I filled it out a few times with some wishlist requests and coincidently two requests were fufilled the next day! Then i started asking for more outrageous requests and sarcastic comments and after 10 days or so they just stopped appearing. I dont think i ever turned one down.....i think they just got sick of hearing my opinion !! Fancy that......

BEER

@Korth wrote:

@BEER 

True enough. But if I get a sketchy-looking 51xx SMS saying "Public Mobile here... reply to this text with your account number to claim a free gift of 10GB" then I'll first check online at this these forums. And I'll post a screenshot to ask PM whether it's legit if nobody else has already done so. Pretty easy to find out if it's legit or if it's a scam.

It's impulsive, impatient, greedy, and gullible folks who fall for the obvious scams. Admittedly not all scams are obvious but if it looks a little too good to be true then it's not hard to confirm that the message did indeed come directly from PM. I've checked here before when PM offered gifts which looked too good to be true, lol.

Was there a PM free gift of 10 gb? If there was such an offering of course that may require further investigation. Unfortunately there are also many "grey scams" that also target   gullible folks.-- For example a few months ago my wife was mislead by our cable company. A rep from the local national brand cable company had by telephone convinced her that she should switch to their "ultra speed" internet service from our Bell Five 500 account for a few less dollars. I of course interjected and had to call the cable company to cancel the order. Their "ultra Speed" internet service is at 40 mbps compared to our Bell Five service at 500 mbps.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@BEER 

True enough. But if I get a sketchy-looking 51xx SMS saying "Public Mobile here... reply to this text with your account number to claim a free gift of 10GB" then I'll first check online at this these forums. And I'll post a screenshot to ask PM whether it's legit if nobody else has already done so. Pretty easy to find out if it's legit or if it's a scam.

It's impulsive, impatient, greedy, and gullible folks who fall for the obvious scams. Admittedly not all scams are obvious but if it looks a little too good to be true then it's not hard to confirm that the message did indeed come directly from PM. I've checked here before when PM offered gifts which looked too good to be true, lol.

BEER

@Korth wrote:

@cavemantoronto 

There were a few customers who didn't receive the last round of gift notifications so no way to reply "YES" to claim the gift offer and thus no gift received. At least one of them had previously unsubscribed to PM notifications. Not sure if this is related, but I'd rather play it safe on this one, not worth trading a few sporadic text annoyances against a lifetime subscription to free gifts.

Yes for sure if it's just annoyances------ but these days with so many crooks trying to scam us -  and constant reminders from our financial institutions and the media to be careful and not to click/open on online offers it's best to just ignore them.  It's sad but a sign of the times that even legitimate offers are mostly ignored by most.

ladybearbc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

They sent me a notice advising my conversation was closed and wanted to know if I had any more problems.

In the message was a request to complete the survey...but you cannot link to the survey - nor can you copy and paste the address. 😒It has to be typed in to the search bar

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Korth wrote:

@esjliv wrote:

Well, there it is a again...

esjliv_0-1602975099747.png

Haven't seen that annoyance in ages. Also haven't been frustrated by the Simon overlay.

Adblocker.

@Korth  I use Adblocker as well and have never seen this message. Lucky me lol.

@cavemantoronto 

There were a few customers who didn't receive the last round of gift notifications so no way to reply "YES" to claim the gift offer and thus no gift received. At least one of them had previously unsubscribed to PM notifications. Not sure if this is related, but I'd rather play it safe on this one, not worth trading a few sporadic text annoyances against a lifetime subscription to free gifts.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Can't say I have ever got a survey. Guess they like and value you more than me. 😹

@Korth wrote:

I wouldn't UNSUBSCRIBE to the PM texts, though. Maybe unsubscriptions only affect one PM number or one PM category of numbers ... but maybe they unsubscribe from all PM 51xx messages, including gifts and promo offers you would actually want to receive.

Just take two seconds to click the spam, read it, click it again, delete it.

Only some marketing texts can be unsubscribed from. Most can't be.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

I wouldn't UNSUBSCRIBE to the PM texts, though. Maybe unsubscriptions only affect one PM number or one PM category of numbers ... but maybe they unsubscribe from all PM 51xx messages, including gifts and promo offers you would actually want to receive.

Just take two seconds to click the spam, read it, click it again, delete it.

@esjliv wrote:

Haven't seen that annoyance in ages. Also haven't been frustrated by the Simon overlay.

Adblocker.

@esjliv wrote:

@BEER ,

You are getting texts and emails for surveys - annoying.

I have been prompted while being on the Community website to provide my feedback, but no texts or emails....yet.

I wonder if you can send a message to the moderators to opt out in these requests?

I would just block the Public Mobile e-mail address if the messages are unwelcome. In the years I've been with Public Mobile, I have not seen anyting that interests me or that I felt that I needed to read in any e-mail message sent to me. That said, they don't come very often. As for the the text messages from Public Mobile, I'd prefer to have none of them as well. That includes, payment reminders, "everything is ok" your plan is renwed messages, or CCTS information but it's easy block the number or at least arhcive the messages so that you aren't notfified about them but are still available to view if you look for them.

@esjliv wrote:

When this Community site survey was started, the intention was to make it so that it was a one time only thing as to not annoy members. Unfortunately, it wasn't implemented properly and is completely based on the cookie on your device/computer. I see this pop up almost every time I come here. It does have an annoyance factor, but you soon get used to it.   The reason for the Community survey, as pictured, showing up multiple times could be because of cookies being cleared, or if a different web brower is used.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@BEER you're my boy blue!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@BEER ,

You are getting texts and emails for surveys - annoying.

I have been prompted while being on the Community website to provide my feedback, but no texts or emails....yet.

I wonder if you can send a message to the moderators to opt out in these requests?

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@BEER you are funny. lol  I had received only one email survey and no text.  I ignored it.  But now that your post reminded me, I opened the email and it said "The survey invitation has expired." LOL  Darn darn darn!  😂

Helpershelper

@BEER 

I can understand your frustration with this. Usually when people get texts, it’s a special extra data deal or some other gift.

You can try texting unsubscribe to 5133.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@BEER....

I guess it's just your turn in the barrel. I haven't rec'd but one survey in 3 years.

Keep smiling.

Need Help? Let's chat.