cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM sim cards

Jrat59
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hey guys!

Loving the PM life so much I have been pushing it hard on friends and family.

Need SIM cards and keep ordering... found a guy selling 2 sims for public mobile. Any way to make sure they will work? Any issues I might run into?

Thanks for the heads up pm fam!
5 REPLIES 5

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jrat59, look at the packaging.. if the sim card looks intact, still stuck to the welcome letter in the bigger card, it probably will work.  

If you ask the moderators, I am pretty sure they will just say you are buying from unauthorized person and good luck.  Order a sim from public mobile for $5 and you get it via Xpresspost in 1 to 2 business days. 

If you buy from this guy, then enter the sim card number during activation and if it works, you bought a good sim.. if it doesn't then you bought a bad sim. Depends on you.. if you want to take that risk.  Althought I would say the likelihood is pretty low that someone is selling bad sim cards intentionally.  

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Jrat59;

No, there isn't a way to check the sims without trying to activate them. They would be useless if activeted before. However, if the cards are in their original tri-sim card (ie never been punched out), then you'd be pretty well assured that they had never been activated. (Yes someone could have activated them and not tried to actually use them in a phone, but that is pretty unlikey....)  If they have been punched, I wouldn't take a chance on them.

PhoneSeeker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don't really think there is a way to check if they are working or not before you buy them. I'd strongly reccommend purchasing them directly from Public Mobile instead eventhough it will take a few days.

The mods are really busy as it is so I don't think they will respond to questions about whether a 3rd party seller has valid SIM cards.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I wonder if you could message a MOD and check them out to see if they have been activated. How much is he selling them for?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Jrat59
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Need Help? Let's chat.