cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM need to get rid of pre-paid payment over 1 month

pcurator
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I do not like the idea of paying 3 months of my plan in advance. It's sort of like a contract and it make is hard to switch out when a good plan come out.  PM should change the payment method and plan to monthly.

Does anyone else have the same concerns or is it just me?

13 REPLIES 13

Balanceman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It is unlikely that PM will go out of business (corssing fingers).  And it is unlikely that you will be leaving immediately without just cause.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
I like any option that gives you the best discounts. It would be nice if you decide to leave your term early to go to Telus or Koodo that you get a refund. 🙂

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@TheOldVR wrote:

@Chaos_Scorpio wrote:

@xCameron94x wrote:

@Chaos_Scorpio there are no more 10 day plans. Only 30 and 90. 

wow I missed a lot ... lol

@Chaos_Scorpio - I'm with you, had no idea!!!

I have to admit I hadn't noticed that the 10 day plans had gone too.  Missed it with all the commotion over new "3g" options & the plan price changes.  

TheOldVR

@Chaos_Scorpio wrote:

@xCameron94x wrote:

@Chaos_Scorpio - I'm with you, had no idea!!!

Chaos_Scorpio

@xCameron94x wrote:

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I concur with other comments that PM does offer a 30day option although the discounts are usually better on the 90 day plans.

The other advantage of 90 days is that the data is allocated in 90 day increments - so if one is a heavy user one month can be more cautious the next. 

Admitedly if one decides to leave with a 90 day term - it makes it hard to time the depature to be near the end so as not to waste anything...  but then again - think about how much one saved during one's time at PM.

The other aspect of pre-paid that i like is that data just stops if not part of you contract (whether u used too much & hit limit -  or - u r near border & in roaming mode) so that one avoids unexpected data overage changes (which just went up for most of the big co's).

I'm on the fall special & don't see anything else that fits quite as well - although those plans from freedom get slightly tempting (high data at LTE & then step down to slower for the unlimited aspect) and like to support companies that compete but would ensure service is relaible (i.e. low frequency rollout) & more phones that work with network. 

TheOldVR

@will13am wrote:

I would be a buyer of 180 day plans with the right incentive (discount).  In the time that I have been with Public Mobile, I have not seen anything with 30 day duration that's worth getting.  That said, I have not seen anything from the competition worth getting.  The 2016 fall promo looks to be a keeper for the long haul.

@will13am agreed again! I'm good with term commitments as long as they make sense.

It would take quite a bit to get me to move on short notice..... including the right timing.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I would be a buyer of 180 day plans with the right incentive (discount).  In the time that I have been with Public Mobile, I have not seen anything with 30 day duration that's worth getting.  That said, I have not seen anything from the competition worth getting.  The 2016 fall promo looks to be a keeper for the long haul.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@pcurator There have actually been requests for 180 day plans! Everyone has their preference.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Chaos_Scorpio

the 90 day rate is there because many of us like to see discounted over 90day instead of paying more 30 day rates. 

like other said, if you do not like 90 day go to 30 day. get less credit. or go 10 day if you see yourself bouncing from service to service. 

Acekiller

Think of it as a bulk/volume discount...

TheOldVR

@pcurator you can pay monthly, you just won't qualify for certain discounts.

Need Help? Let's chat.