cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM coverage in the area of Niagara on the Lake

neo911
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello Folks,

Another update from my side about PM's reception in the secluded area of Niagara on the Lake (NOTL) and Beamsville.

Got good coverage throughout Beamsville, Lincoln and the surrounding areas where most of the wineries are located.

Earlier had travelled to NOTL with Wind mobile and the coverage was almost non-existent towards the end of NOTL i.e by the park on Lake Ontario at NOTL and Fort George etc.

This time, PM gave me consistent coverage even at those spots. My friend had a rogers mobile and it actually made me a bit happy that even he did not get reception in those areas.

Only drawback was I was getting 3G and not LTE. As I moved little inland, LTE came back.

Continued cheers for PM !

5 REPLIES 5

neo911

@Petey

I was not aware of PM's tie up with Telus (Bellus) until I joined PM. I got this info from the PM community.

But the best part with PM is the price point. At this price point, we cannot get either bell/telus/koodo/virgin.

JMCD

As Petey said, it's the Bellus network. Really you get the most coverage country wide. Rogers has great coverage where they have it, but it's definitely not in the remote areas or up north.

Petey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

In case you guys are not aware. Public Mobile is owned by Telus. Telus and Bell both own, manage and share the same network across Canada. Public Mobile coverage is the exact same as Bell mobility, Telus, Koodo (Telus owned), Virgin (bell owned).

neo911

Feels good to hear that ! Doesn't it ? Rogers phone not getting enough coverage!  :oD

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thats great to know @neo911!

I would also like to say that in a very remote location along Cordova lake, which is an hour northeast of Peterborough, I had 3G reception while Rogers phones from my family were not getting any service. 

Need Help? Let's chat.