cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM Community reward

bilal684
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I was wondering how the community rewards work. I just logged into self serve and I saw I got 2$ in community rewards. Do you know when are the community rewards awarded? I thought this is awarded when we help someone out. I don't recall helping anyone though, ofcourse I'm not spitting on that 2$ reward, just trying to find out the algorithm behind these rewards to perhaps grab some more 😛

Thanks! 😄

13 REPLIES 13

@dna2016 wrote:

@bilal684 great question.

The community rewards is based on your activity towards/within the community forum, i.e. comments, replies, bravos given, new discussions created, etc..  It's not based on the number of people you help, or how many times someone has selected your reply as a "solution".  If that was the case it would be very very difficult for people to get anything (oracles would probably take it all, lol).

@dna2016

As somebody who strives for quality over quantity, I sure hope that trying to actually provide help based on research and/or precedents, instead of adding a two word reply just for the sake of seeing the post count go up, is actually influencing the rewards earned.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bilal684 great question.

The community rewards is based on your activity towards/within the community forum, i.e. comments, replies, bravos given, new discussions created, etc..  It's not based on the number of people you help, or how many times someone has selected your reply as a "solution".  If that was the case it would be very very difficult for people to get anything (oracles would probably take it all, lol).

The amount you get from the community reward is based on your total activity for that month relative to the overall average of the entire community activity for that month.  So lets say you reply to 15 posts this month and you get $2 towards your community activity, the next month you do 15 posts again doesn't mean you'll get $2 again, you might get more, or you might get $0, it depends on what the average activity was within the community for that month.  

I recommend not to figure out how to game the system, just contribute as much as you can, when you can, and watch those credits grow Smiley Very Happy

Michael77

@bilal684,

Enjoy the community. Have fun learning. I know I am. 🙂

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mehdi_aaa based on the badges that get loaded onto your account, once a month, usually around the 5th-10th of the month.  This month they appear to be a bit late loading them.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mehdi_aaa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

And how you can know your pourcentage of activity? 

Acekiller

I hope your time is worth more than tiny rewards 😛

koimr1

@bilal684 wrote:

@computergeek541

Aww... well there goes my chance to save a bit more, I thought it was easy to grab a 10$ off but if I have to invest hours and hours to do so... I'll pass my turn.

Thanks 😛

Yes, it's not really "worth it" if your only goal is that community reward. You could skip a morning coffee every week and take those savings and put it towards your bill and you'd be ahead of the community reward game. 🙂

I approach it differently - I enjoy reading others' experiences and if somehow I'm able to help someone then I'll try and do so, and if I learn something (as I do here) then that's a bonus. A reward is just a nice little perk; I participate in many other forums where there's no such perk (and most often just added stress!) and as this is part of my "relax time" it's not like I'm diverting time from anything else.

Hope that made sense. 🙂

@bilal684 wrote:

@computergeek541

Aww... well there goes my chance to save a bit more, I thought it was easy to grab a 10$ off but if I have to invest hours and hours to do so... I'll pass my turn.

Thanks 😛

No grabbing allowed!! One must await recognition. Wearing a copper colander while online in the forum was, previously, known the enhance communication with the evaluators (aka Jeremy). Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@bilal684 wrote:

@computergeek541

Thanks 😛

The $10 reward is reserved for Oracles.  Oracles have proven over an extended period of time that they have very high level of Public Mobile Community participation. 

The top 0.5% ($6) isn't easy to achieve.  The are only a set amount of spots out there, and you'd be competing against some highly active and helpful members. 

I think we can aplly the 80/20 rule or similar number here.  Each step up is going to be harder and harder and take up more of your time. 

bilal684

@computergeek541

Thanks 😛

@bilal684 wrote:

Nice, does that mean I am in the top 25% in community since I got 2$ reward? I just joined xD

I have my doubts as to whether the community rewards are really based on those percentages. There really is no way for us to know how those percentages are calculated.  Bear in mind that many community members are here just to read up on the topics or may only log in once in a while.  There appears to be some preset number of rewards given at each level, with the oracles receiving the top amount, either 5 or 7 people receiving top 0.5%, and a set amount at the other levels as well each month.  The higher rewards are harder to achieve.

While the rewards are said to be calculated using some secret formula of participation, I find that the bravo leader board is a very good place to start and can provide a pretty good indication about who is achieving the top reward levels.

In some ways, this community message board is a "social experiment" of sorts.  The more messages that you post, the more discussions that you are involved in, and the more people you talk to, the more you will tend to get noticed.  And if your posts have managed to answer someone's questions, the more likely you are to receive the coveted bravos or accepted solutions that aid in raising you up to the next reward level.

bilal684

Nice, does that mean I am in the top 25% in community since I got 2$ reward? I just joined xD

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Read this: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Community-Reward/m-p/415#M5

Congratulations. Robot Happy

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.