cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE HELP I AM AT WIT'S END

jackal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been messaging the moderators for days now and whilst service has been excellent for the past few years, this is driving me nuts.

First of all, I had a SIM card that I tried to change the number for. It kept giving me a "failed" message on the account.

So I asked the moderators instead to change the number over to a new SIM for me, but wanted to keep the old SIM too. Whilst the port worked, my old SIM is useless. I have asked the moderators multople times about this, but each time it's like my question is not clear.

Secondly, my friend referred me for an account but he didn't get the referral award. Likewise, I asked about this. And then I got asked for his sim card number - HTH would I know that?

I'm so confused. If there was a call center at least I could talk to someone?!?!

Finally my cases got closed because I didn't respond within 24 hours, then I get ANOTHER NOTE from a moderator saying they can help but now I need to verify myself.

WITH WHAT.

HELP

14 REPLIES 14

jackal

Thanks, pleased to see Eddy resolved it for me. I'll be glad to close this case too 🙂

Thanks for the help and pointers @dabr 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@jackal wrote:

Finally got a response, and someone who responded to my inquiry. Usually I find the mods great, but this time it's been weeks of to and fro.

I'm just relieved to have some one help at this point.

@jackal   Good to hear you finally got a response.  There must be either less staff available or more than normal issues for moderators to deal with as quite a few posters are reporting a lengthy waiting period before getting a response over the last several days.

jackal

Finally got a response, and someone who responded to my inquiry. Usually I find the mods great, but this time it's been weeks of to and fro.

I'm just relieved to have some one help at this point.

Anonymous
Not applicable

What?! Has the entire moderator team been sacked?! Or are they dealing with way too many sim-jacks and fraudulent ports? Too many delays like old times.

@jackal : So what all is working? Calls in/out? Texts in/out? Browsing? MMS?

Terrible to hear these moderator delays.

jackal

No replies from the moderator team. Time to port out. What a joke

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jackal wrote:

I've been messaging the moderators for days now and whilst service has been excellent for the past few years, this is driving me nuts.

First of all, I had a SIM card that I tried to change the number for. It kept giving me a "failed" message on the account.

So I asked the moderators instead to change the number over to a new SIM for me, but wanted to keep the old SIM too. Whilst the port worked, my old SIM is useless. I have asked the moderators multople times about this, but each time it's like my question is not clear.

@jackal  As already mentioned when you switch sim cards the old sim card automatically becomes invalid and cannot be used anymore. That is standard procedure. Furthermore a Moderator is not needed for this as you could have done it yourself using self serve.

cs.png

By "changing the number for it" above you mean that you wanted to port out the number from that account to another PM account and assign a new number to the existing account then something must have gotten lost in translation.

Note  porting numbers between PM accounts is not permitted. If the Moderator went above and beyond to assist you then you should have been very precise and clear of what you wanted done. When you port out a number then your old account will get deleted. Is that what happened?

Secondly, my friend referred me for an account but he didn't get the referral award. Likewise, I asked about this. And then I got asked for his sim card number - HTH would I know that?

Since you have been a client for a year why didn't you use your referral code for the account. In any event if you provide your friend's referral code they should should be able to add it but it is possible that the Moderator might ask for your friend's phone number for verification purposes.

I'm so confused. If there was a call center at least I could talk to someone?!?!

Finally my cases got closed because I didn't respond within 24 hours, then I get ANOTHER NOTE from a moderator saying they can help but now I need to verify myself.

WITH WHAT.

Calling out for the @CS_Agent 

HELP

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jackal wrote:

Thanks z10user4

Exactly! I didn't understand why I kept getting asked for the SIM card numbers - do people keep these?

Of course not. Enter it once at activation and forget about it.

Still curious why you were wanting to change your SIM.

jackal

Thanks z10user4

Exactly! I didn't understand why I kept getting asked for the SIM card numbers - do people keep these?

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@jackal best way to message mods for the referral, is to message them from the account that was referred. 

well, even I'm confused at what you're trying to accomplish...

you wanted to change your (phone) number? and it wasn't working for you, so you then decided to contact mods. and instead of changing the phone number, you asked them to port your current number to the new sim? why? you just said you wanted a new number... 

sounds like you were trying to take advantage of a promo.

jackal

Thank you so much - yes I wish they had.

I have sent them a PM. I had actually sent multiple ones before that, and was/am at wit's end so thank you for so succintly and articulately helping me explain the context....

Cheers

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@jackal wrote:

Thanks dabr.

Well then I'm disappointed that they didn't help me with changing the number and just ported it. So I've just lost a SIM card for no reason - and yet I was never told that.

I kept getting asked for the SIM cards instead!!!

So frustrated. It's crazy not being able to deal with someone directly.

Thanks again.

@jackal   If you were just changing or porting a number then there was no need to change or replace the SIM card.  Yes the moderators should have really explained that that wasn't necessary. 

Maybe submit another message expressing your disappointment about the confusion and perhaps (no guarantees) they may decide to offer an account credit.  But of course they are not obligated to do this, but it's worth asking.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jackal 

They only need the referral code. I can't imagine why they asked for the SIM #. Make sure you have the right letters and numbers of the code. Oh or zero etc.

If you have a $10 credit in your Available Funds (or had) then you got the your end of the referral. If your friend got a text saying they referred someone (you) then they would see the extra dollar in their rewards area which would get converted to Available Funds at their next renewal.

Edit: @jackal : why were you changing SIM cards anyway?

jackal

Thanks dabr.

Well then I'm disappointed that they didn't help me with changing the number and just ported it. So I've just lost a SIM card for no reason - and yet I was never told that.

I kept getting asked for the SIM cards instead!!!

So frustrated. It's crazy not being able to deal with someone directly.

Thanks again.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@jackal   Your old SIM once replaced is useless and cannot be reused ever again, so the moderators can't help you with that. 

For the referral your friend needs to message the moderators with your referral and they will make the correction if an incorrect code was used.  He can submit a ticket either via SIMon ? mark bottom right of the screen or via private message to Moderator_Team with this link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Edit:  Yes unfortunately you will need to verify your information again if the 24 hours have lapsed to respond back to moderators.

Need Help? Let's chat.