cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged for outgoing texts

Wilmes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Since I got my phone I have sent 2 outgoing texts, but have been charged for 40!!

Does anyone know why this is or how to resolve the issue?

12 REPLIES 12

If it continues to happen, I recommend signing out of iMessage and FaceTime completely, restarting the phone, and activating the iMessage again, followed by FaceTime.

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Wilmes wrote:

Is there a way to avoid this?

It stopped by itself after a few days.

We signed up a few months ago & had the same thing - about 25 "texts" sent to 474663 which I googled & appears to be Apple servers for imessage. I searched but there didn't appear to be any solutions or way to stop it.

Fortunately it stopped by itself & we remained under the 50 texts - otherwise, I would have messaged the MODs - as mentioned above. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

you need to figure out the process/app that is sending the sms.  To do that try googling iphone sms and the number(s) being sent to. and then from there you can try and determine how to stop the them from sending.

Wilmes

Is there a way to avoid this?

@Wilmes wrote:

I Have an iPhone, but my billing cycle is almost over and I keep getting usage on my account when I’m not using any. 

Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with a description of your issue and request to reset the text count; include your phone number and 4 digit PIN. If you’ve forgotten the PIN, provide any 3 of the following in your message: complete mailing address, email address, alternate phone number,  last top up date & amount.

Moderator hours are: Monday to Friday, 9 am (ET) to 9 pm (ET); Saturday - Sunday 9 am (ET) - 7:30 pm (ET). Usually they answer within in 24 hours, but can take a few days

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

This happen to my iPhone 6, but it stopped after a few days.  The moderator did credit me the extra texts for that first month.  

@Wilmes wrote:

I Have an iPhone, but my billing cycle is almost over and I keep getting usage on my account when I’m not using any. 

It will be the iPhone sending messages back and forth seeing itself up I have heard this will stop

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Wilmes, the high text consumption has to do with sync functions on the iPhone.  Many customers on this plan have reported this behavior. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Log into self serve and look at the numbers the sms are going to then Google iPhone sms # and see results

Wilmes

Wilmes

Sorry, incorrect terms. I have a $10 plan, but have been sent a message saying I have used 40 of my texts when in fact I’ve only used 2. 

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What do you mean by charged?  Public Mobile does not offer pay-per-use text messages.

Are you on the $10 plan?  If so, what type of phone do you use?  If you use an iPhone, they tend to use a lot of text messages right after you sign up, but it only lasts 1-2 days so it only affects the first billing cycle.

Need Help? Let's chat.