cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overbilled for usage minutes

elhota
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I signed up to the $15/mth plan 7 days ago which allows 100 min/mth of usage.  To my dismay the summary is already showing 34 min used with 66 min remaining.  There is no way that I could have used that many minutes already.  When I looked at the detailed usage it adds up to 21 min. Why is the summary showing a higher amount than what I have used? Has anyone else experienced this issue?

7 REPLIES 7

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Please note in a similar post one of the responses said your outgoing calls are from the moment you call versus the moment it's answered or goes to voicemail. If true that is scammy. Purchase the 500 Canada wide minutes for $5 they roll over each month til they are used up. Also let your regular friends/callers know you get free incoming. Text them and have them call you as most people have unlimited calling.

DF
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I noticed the same problem.  I have had an account for just over a week. Went to "Usage History" and looked at past 30 days and sorted by minutes. I've noticed for starters that the number of pages is buggy. It shows two until I press end page then it shows 14. But I add up the outgoing minutes and and without rounding I used 12 and with round I get 21 minutes. I got to "Data & Add-On Usage" and it shows 32. I'm also noticing duplicate entries and inconsistent number of entries.

I went through my phone and added my all outgoing calls and counted 16 minutes without rounding and 30 minutes with rounding. So they are off by 2 minutes but that might be due to their counter counting seveal seconds longer causing the two 1:57 and 1:59 calls to go over two and round to 3 minutes.

So I think their usage history is buggy.

I also think the rounding up method is such a scam by the companies. They could easily and should round to the nearest second.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@elhota wrote:

Yes I looked in my usage history.  So now I've rounded up the minutes so that each second counts as 1 minute.  The total is now 28 min, which is still below the 34 min they are charging.  Is there a way to,dispute this?

@elhota I bought an add-on data earlier this month. I used wifi at home and never turned on the data. I haven't used any of those, but the system showing that I used on web. I contact the Moderator directly and the person cleared some of my usage. Another possible usage will be you retreive the voicemails, that will count as minute. Just send a private message to "Moderator_Team" and let them take a look. 

@elhota wrote:

Yes I looked in my usage history.  So now I've rounded up the minutes so that each second counts as 1 minute.  The total is now 28 min, which is still below the 34 min they are charging.  Is there a way to,dispute this?

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Provide as much detail as you can. It could take from 20 minutes to 2 days for them to reply, so you may have to be patient. Good luck.

elhota
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@elhota wrote:

I signed up to the $15/mth plan 7 days ago which allows 100 min/mth of usage.  To my dismay the summary is already showing 34 min used with 66 min remaining.  There is no way that I could have used that many minutes already.  When I looked at the detailed usage it adds up to 21 min. Why is the summary showing a higher amount than what I have used? Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Have a look at Public Mobile Add-on options. The two shown provide Canada wide minutes that don't expire until you use them up. The International Add-on allows 400 minutes to any of the listed countries. Long as your plan is active, you have these minutes to use whenever you want.

400 International Long Distance minutes

Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

$15
200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes

$8

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@elhota wrote:

Did you go to see your usage in your self serve account..tab PLAN/ADD-ONS and click on USAGE HISTORY? The details are here...Be aware that every second count as one minute And also your call to check your voicemail.

Need Help? Let's chat.